Man chopps off left arm with chainsaw.

Glen Poole

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:confused1: please define this? :confused1:

Taken in isolation as a one line statement it definitive and cannot be defined further.

Taken in context it is part of a shaggy dog story type of joke that I use on first aid courses, the punch line of which is that a severed head shouldn’t be put in a polly bag in case the casualty suffocates. Looks like it didn’t work in text.

Andy

Taken in isolation as a one line statement it definitive and cannot be defined further.

Taken in context it is part of a shaggy dog story type of joke that I use on first aid courses, the punch line of which is that a severed head shouldn’t be put in a polly bag in case the casualty suffocates. Looks like it didn’t work in text.

Andy

It was not the head bit I meant, I was interested in how common it is was for someone to completely remove a limb?

Just been reading todays newspaper & in there is a story about a man who chopped his left arm right off with a chainsaw while prunning his tree. His neighbour put the arm in a bag of frozen pasties & after 14 hours surgery they managed to reattach it & say that the operation went well. Now this got me thinking, Do any of us take cool boxs with ice packs in to work just in case a similer situation were to happen? Now & again my team & i work out in the sticks & to be honest i have never given it a thought.

It seems so hard to understand how anybody would do any chainsaw injuries. I'd imagine that someone who is going to hold a saw and thier body in a risky position where that can happen, would probably not be someone who would take time to prepare for emergencies.

Anyway, if we did lose body parts around here, most hospitals are within 5 to 10 minutes.

Anyone know how long an arm or leg or finger will last in room temperature and still be good enough to use?