What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Got a pioneer 650 on bench which has been barn stored for 20 years, had no spark so took it apart cleaned points no joy still nothing. So pointing towards capacitor any one now were I can get one or any one got one kicking about.

Try using one off an old car or any engine using points. A faulty capacitor would cause poor running rather than no spark unless it has gone closed circuit. A test is to measure the resistance one way then swap the probes round and see if you get a kick in the gauge and then it settling.

Make sure the points are opening and closing as if they are permanently open or closed, you will get no spark. Measure the resistance across the contacts to see if they are OK.....if this is all done and no spark, the coil is bad:thumbdown:

I've got an ms150 that's playing up a bit. It'll be fine one minute and then it'll run rough as though it's far to rich. The air filter is clean and I've had the carb of and apart and cleaned that up, but still the same. Any ideas? Also, sometimes it'll just cut out in the middle of a cut. I've checked the earth and it seems tight?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I've got an ms150 that's playing up a bit. It'll be fine one minute and then it'll run rough as though it's far to rich. The air filter is clean and I've had the carb of and apart and cleaned that up, but still the same. Any ideas? Also, sometimes it'll just cut out in the middle of a cut. I've checked the earth and it seems tight?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Possibly a plug/HT issue as the running rich may be a misfire!

Only plug failure I've experienced was recently, with one of those small M10 plugs in an MS211. Ok, so the saw runs reasonably high compression of 195 psi but that's not extortionate and it shouldn't cause a failure anyway. I dissected the plug, ceramic was cracked, nice arc pattern confirmed it was shorting.... see attached pictures.

bmp01

20170119_103600.jpg.2e8c356e316241ab3b49ea215a7d3f7d.jpg

20170119_103734.jpg.656ab7c57bfccad816c2b2f8c2e3e2e0.jpg