What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Cheers spud I think I'll Change the lines and see what happens, pre filter in carb looks clean.

The one in that poor running MS200 you had looked clean and was only when I pulled the gauze filter out, I saw it was blocked with a light transparent scum that you couldn't easy see - worth checking again.

357 and most of a 346.

Questions/observations about meteor cylinders (not pistons).

I've used a couple now.

036 was good (better than anything else I've seen for that saw).

357xp is absolutely superb; really neat and compression (with meteor piston) after running for about 2 minutes and a very rough tuning is showing about 175psi.

Has anybody had a look at or used the 'big bore' Meteor kit for the 346/350 etc? I assumed it to be open port (as are most of the 346 aftermarket options) but I happened upon a photo that makes it look more like the original 346 cylinder (closed).

Anybody had a look/used one?

357 and most of a 346.

I've used a couple now.

357xp is absolutely superb; really neat and compression (with meteor piston) after running for about 2 minutes and a very rough tuning is showing about 175psi.

Has anybody had a look at or used the 'big bore' Meteor kit for the 346/350 etc? I assumed it to be open port (as are most of the 346 aftermarket options) but I happened upon a photo that makes it look more like the original 346 cylinder (closed).

Only ever used one on a 372 or in fact the Jonsered equivalent and it worked well with full power!

357 and most of a 346.

I've used a couple now.

I have used the hyway big bore versions, which are closed ports, if that's anything to go by, they really are powerhouses!

You pay ypur money and take your chance, i have seen good and bad, quaility control seems to be an issue, poor coatings, poor port chamfering, but i have to say some of the prices are crazy cheap.

Seen some bad bevelling and plating on the Chinese stuff, even seen a piston with the arrow pointing in the wrong direction but got to say that Meteor pistons are damn good, never had an issue with any aspect of their manufacture.

Hi all, Im new here, been lurking for a couple of years though. Thanks to everyone for sharing your experience, helps me a lot...made me smile reading Maico490's comment about the unavailability of real Hydrochloric acid.

I needed to dissolve some cured cement off the face of some artistic stonework one time. Mate forget to sponge stone before the days end. Wire brush no good, cement cleaners no good. Disaster. So I asked my local chemist if he had any real Hydo. This is a little corner chemist in a seaside Irish village - antique brown bottles with cork stoppers in the window etc. probably most of the stuff banned since decades.

Well he came back with a pint bottle of "pure" Hydo. Bout an inch left in the bottom. "I can't sell you this" he says. "And I shouldn't give it to you either...So if anything happens...its your bill..."

On site, gauntlets and face shield in place, I opened the bottle and a big curling billow of smokey vapour came out. Bloody scary. Fizzled and made a yellow foam on the cement, and did dissolve the lighter stuff but not the ingrained stuff. Stank as well.

Hi all, Im new here, been lurking for a couple of years though. Thanks to everyone for sharing your experience, helps me a lot...made me smile reading Maico490's comment about the unavailability of real Hydrochloric acid.

I needed to dissolve some cured cement off the face of some artistic stonework one time. Mate forget to sponge stone before the days end. Wire brush no good, cement cleaners no good. Disaster. So I asked my local chemist if he had any real Hydo. This is a little corner chemist in a seaside Irish village - antique brown bottles with cork stoppers in the window etc. probably most of the stuff banned since decades.

Well he came back with a pint bottle of "pure" Hydo. Bout an inch left in the bottom. "I can't sell you this" he says. "And I shouldn't give it to you either...So if anything happens...its your bill..."

On site, gauntlets and face shield in place, I opened the bottle and a big curling billow of smokey vapour came out. Bloody scary. Fizzled and made a yellow foam on the cement, and did dissolve the lighter stuff but not the ingrained stuff. Stank as well.

That will be concentrated HCL (Hydrochloric) Acid, the gas will be Chlorine - if you sniff it up, it will reform in to acid in your lungs and rot them out.

The stuff in brick cleaner is around 15% HCL!