What's on your bench today?

spudulike

The 'jelly' will most likely be the result of "phase separation" which takes place in stale fuel due to the ethanol having absorbed its volume of water. This mix becomes highly corrosive to aluminium.

Sounds like the doppler effect to me, you been reading your Hi Fi instruction book again Barrie:lol:

Have maded few pistons to test...first the compression was a bit high... 225 only 5 pulls... with too small sguish with 1.0mm grinded piston. Now the 1,3mm grinded piston is in and compression is 195/198psi

Not being funny but has the base gasket been taken out otherwise why has the squish changed? You should be aiming for 0.5mm - 0.6mm squish. I think the 262 is pretty close to 0.5mm so if the gasket is dropped, take the gasket thickness off the outer crown......simple:thumbup:

Not being funny but has the base gasket been taken out otherwise why has the squish changed? You should be aiming for 0.5mm - 0.6mm squish. I think the 262 is pretty close to 0.5mm so if the gasket is dropped, take the gasket thickness off the outer crown......simple:thumbup:

Jep, it has now about 0,48 sguish. I did little experiment on those pistons and just tested. Without basegasket it hit the top. So added 0,5mm gasket:headbanger, added 0,3mm on top of that and i assumed it had 0,8 mm to grind of...little tired and put together and tested it. No way that would work. Sguish was close to zero :) so now it wont have any base gasket and it works with that 1,3mm grounded piston with 0,48 about sguish. I was told two times that dont put two gaskets in because it flex and so on... my ears wont heard anybof those words :(

But now its in testing that way. I have to order new piston and ring for it and then ground of the piston to correct sguish. This site and you gurus have told me much what and how to do... i just wasnt always listening ;)

Hope it works better than it looks, i will post a picture of the correct tool.

Hi, it has worked two times for now and i just borrowed that to my friend :)

I have seen the correct tool at shop. I havent got change to bought here the correct tool.

Sorry if someone eyes hurts when look at it ;)

Had a few issues with the 268XP I was porting, it started up and then pop, nothing, measured the compression and mega low, after 10 mins panicking, I tried another gauge and bingo - it was back, the valve in the gauge was buggered....Phew:001_rolleyes:

The saw has been a bitch to set up, set the idle and then rev it and the revs hold on and the chain spins, do it again and the same, get it right and then a while later, fast idle Grrrrr

I boiled the carb in the US cleaner last night and swapped out the needle valve and pump diaphragm, gave it a small pop and it dialled straight in so will test it today but think I have worn it down - I have found 1&1/4 on the L screw controls the idle much better and YES, it has had a full pressure and vacuum test and is 100% good.