What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Hello,

This might be a stupid question, but could someone please tell me how to change the drive sprocket on a Husqvarna 41. I have bought a 3/8 Lo pro one because i want to put my carving bar on it.

Thanks.

Lo Pro is only the cutter profile, your chain is still 3/8" isn't it ? Are you fitting a bigger sprocket otherwise your old one should be fine unless it is worn out. Are you changing from .325 to 3/8" ?

[ame=

]
[/ame] Edited by peatff

yes im changing from .325. thanks

Watch a youtube video then buy a 3/8" sprocket clutch drum and fit it in place of your present one. Pay attention to where things come from and go back in the same place and grease the bearing while you are in there.

Hello,

This might be a stupid question, but could someone please tell me how to change the drive sprocket on a Husqvarna 41. I have bought a 3/8 Lo pro one because i want to put my carving bar on it.

Thanks.

Remove the spark plug, insert either the Stihl double ended plastic (dog bone) piston stop or wind the engine in normal direction until the piston covers the exhaust port and use a length of recoil rope down the plug hole.

Don't use a metal one as it can damage the piston crown!

It is sometimes easier to remove the starter cover as it has a ratchet effect on turning the engine in reverse direction.

Having locked the piston in position, the clutch needs to be spun clockwise )opposite from normal.

I believe your clutch has no hex nut on the end so in absence of the Husqvarna tool. you can use an old screwdriver and mallet to tap it round on the central spider casting to undo it. Don't go too close to the end of the central castings arms, you may just shatter it.

Try lots of lighter taps rather than hammering the crap out of it - they can be anything from dead easy to a right bitch - you can make a removal tool from a socket or piece of heavy gauge pipe and bar but the screwdriver method usually works for me.

Hello,

Thanks.

Does your carving bar have a nose sprocket ?

You could run 1/4" chain with a powermate sprocket and rim on that saw.