What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Yes it is but quite expensive, I find a cheaper source is from car valet suppliers. 5 Gallon HCl £15, or 1 gallon £5. You need gloves and goggles for this stuff as it smokes when you take the top off.

H-A

sounds a bit like this stuff i got to clean the boiler heat exchanger at home

i drove to st albens and collected it as they wouldnt post

http://www.kamco.co.uk/GuidanceNotes/PDF/DescalingChemicals.pdf

Yes it is but quite expensive, I find a cheaper source is from car valet suppliers. 5 Gallon HCl £15, or 1 gallon £5. You need gloves and goggles for this stuff as it smokes when you take the top off.

H-A

You must fix a lot of seizes to warrant 5 gallons! I'd never use a gallon, let alone 5!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

You must fix a lot of seizes to warrant 5 gallons! I'd never use a gallon, let alone 5!

De-scaling the steam cleaner uses a gallon, 5 gallon was only £15.

Cleans lime scale from toilets well, I give it to friends who want it for that, better than spending £6.99 for half a litre Kilrock Spirit of Salt 500ml Dissolves Slime and Hardwater Stains Fast Postage | eBay

H-A

H-A

5 gallon you probably need waders as well :D The bike shop gets it from a place called A-Chem in Alfreton, it's spot on for stainless exhausts and alloy wheels and casings. I've used it on old carbs as well and they fizz when you drop them in. Don't leave it long and have some clean water or some with bicarb diluted to dip them in after to get the acid rinsed off.

They come in threes.

Got a morning in the workshop before docs today. 3 pole pruner saws. Stihl, two four mix and one two stroke.

The two stroke wasn't driving the chain, after looking to make sure the clutch was working and the chain end was working, took the engine off. The centre shaft was disappearing into the outer shaft. So after some work with needle nose pliers managed to get the centre shaft on the engine side out. There is a small outer shaft at this end that is about a foot and a half long. It stops the centre shaft from dropping down with a small clip, the groove on the shaft had worn out allowing the clip to move up the shaft. So a new groove cut into it and a thicker clip used. Now is perfect again. Not what I would call a professional fix as the centre shaft does need replacing. But it will last out, done one a few years ago and it's still going. But will order a centre shaft for it.

Next up was chain running on. I put a new clutch on this one a few weeks ago. The engine idle was a little bit fast, this was set when it got sent out last time and the owner swears blind he didn't touch it.......... So to save face it was tuned again and sent away. Had problems with this guy before when a saw came back out of tune after I had fitted new piston and seals to it.

And the last one was brought in just as I was locking up. The on off switch had broken, so new one on order tomoz.

Owner is picking up the husky tonight from my home, so gave that a run just to make sure, and had to play with the heated handles one last time.....

:lol:Hahaha

Had a funny one today. Customer with a 6 month old brushcutter bings it back.

"not too happy with this machine, runs for around 5 minutes then stops. Have to leave it for a while then it will go for another 5 minutes and stop. Been like this since just after I bought it, but I have been muddling on 5 minutes at a time. Sort the thing out will you? I do not expect to pay, as its warranty"

Thats OK sir, I will have a look, but TBH I have never had one of these machines behave like this, so I am a bit baffled"

"OK, I will leave it with you,.....oh! and by the way I lost the fuel cap the first time I used it, but luckily the top from the Aspen can fitted it perfectly. Dont bother to change it, its fine!"

Aspen is expensive enough, without wasting it before it's even entered the engine. Hasn't he noticed how much fuel he's getting through?

Some people shouldn't be let out on their own.

The problem isn't fuel spilling out, it's air getting into the tank fast enough so the fuel flows through the carb.

With no breather in the cap the fuel isn't flowing into the carb quick enough, meaning the strimmer dies on lack of fuel until enough gets in.

The problem isn't fuel spilling out, it's air getting into the tank fast enough so the fuel flows through the carb.

With no breather in the cap the fuel isn't flowing into the carb quick enough, meaning the strimmer dies on lack of fuel until enough gets in.

Yup - thats what Barrie meant:thumbup: