What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I had a non starter MS260 in today. T'was that pesky little impulse pipe again. It had worked its way off the connector to the cylinder.

A nifty bit of work with some long nose pliers had it back on and it starts and runs perfectly.

Better make sure the pipe end hasn't deformed over time and has become a bit loose but reckon you have probably already assesed this:thumbup:

Better make sure the pipe end hasn't deformed over time and has become a bit loose but reckon you have probably already assesed this:thumbup:

Yeah, I thought that too, but it really does seem as firmly fixed and flexible as a new one, so I am going to risk it and let it go back.

The saw only lives about 400 yds away from my unit, so its not the end of the world if it comes back, but I am really confident it wont (famous last words):thumbup:

The question is " will I tell you if I'm wrong?"

Then started work on a Stihl 084, the top AV mount is shagged and the saw is boggy again! the piston looks good so will clean the carb and check the rubber connectors and filter - the plug was pretty black so the carb settings need checking.

I would be ashamed to give you a saw to work on in such a state!

I'll drop off the HL75 with the faulty primer when I pick up the hedgecutter, kombi, saw & carb - don't want you getting bored on a Sunday.

Many thanks for all your outstanding work and advice.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332878961.593343.jpg.4585150244d9ac903b96025272f615b3.jpg

I would be ashamed to give you a saw to work on in such a state!

I'll drop off the HL75 with the faulty primer when I pick up the hedgecutter, kombi, saw & carb - don't want you getting bored on a Sunday.

Many thanks for all your outstanding work and advice.

Another one ggrrrreat:001_rolleyes: I have got a bit of grime off the saw but not spending ages cleaning it, had the carb in the US cleaner, nothing obvious wrong with it. Will pressure check the saw and then tach it once back together.

Got a 357XP in tonight, bit of a rush job as collection was required by Friday. The saw was a troublesome starter but gave in the ghost after four pulls and fired up fine and then used the decomp - three pulls.

Anyway - checked comp 160psi:thumbup: vac/pressure tested and passed both, that is good as it means the troublesome carb boot is good. Checked the coil gap, the plug colour, stripped and cleaned the carb, checked the fuel line, the filter, the breather and all look fine.

The air filter was filthy so cleaned that up and noted the H screw was some two turns out so a trip out with the tach beckons! Tried starting it before the tach - two pulls, spot on - have checked the starting procedure with the owner but may just be the saw is a bit rich when warm.

P1040222.JPG.b1a28c98e2426f9176104af852d77212.JPG

P1040218.JPG.fb7a9303c579828ddc1ec31319f0509b.JPG

P1040215.JPG.1e28784c32ca85819f7220806a8c6f56.JPG

P1040213.JPG.141f269a748c76475e0738f772379909.JPG

P1040211.JPG.3031ab7b6573ea8fa6589a79d65f3251.JPG

Sold a Stihl FS56R brushcutter to a (mobile) gardener on Tuesday.

Just brought it back complaining it's faulty.

I said whats up?

He said when he got it out his van yesterday there was a slight fuel leak coming from the tank area and the bumpfeed head had jammed.

Took one look at the head and it was covered in crud- unclipped it from the body and with a firm shove I pushed out the bump knob from the retainer and a load more crud came with it. Wiped it off, re-installed it and works fine.

I said to him if you are filling the machines tank right up and leaving it for any length of time in your hot van, then the fuel had to expand and go somewhere- normally through the tank vent and on to the floor. I said is it always leaking or just the once. He said it doesn't seem to be doing it at the moment. Which would explain it as the fuel level in the tank is now lower.

Wasted 10 minutes of my time- made the counter and showroom floor filthy and I can't charge him for wasting my time simply because he is incapable of basic maintenance.

Did a pressure and Vac test on the 084, all pretty good so cleaned the breather that was a bit blocked and cleaned the fuel filter that was agian a bit dirty - just waiting for the AV mount now.

Also got a Solo in - one of the most dirty air filters I have ever seen:thumbdown:

P1040227.JPG.2dc25d2d8f6e350709057c8321fe804a.JPG

P1040225.jpg.5a75d80c738af2262624d7ba409ae65d.jpg

P1040224.jpg.2aa25a2a45918e457f5dce06d27d3be3.jpg

Have had a play with the 041 and played with some screws getting easier to start, reckon its been stood for a while. want to get a couple of tanks through it to get things running again could be a strip down as might have a slight fuel pipe leak on to the carb also the ht lead where it caps over the spark plug is heavily worn so a replacement needed. enjoying having a project though