What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Spud, had my 200t in some heavy eucs today,(the one you had 'on your bench'), & it was superb,& also very nice on the pick up of revs when doing a light crown lift on an ash,it is so responsive to the right finger,& seems to shut down faster when you come off it too.

Jolly good, thats the tuning kicking in and giving a bit more welly when you need it - told you you would notice it more when the bar is deep in the cut when a standard saw would slow or bog down.

Glad the work I did is being put to good use.

Spud,I love it,its so good I might have to lay the saw up & just get it out now & then to improve my moods,its an ear bleeding rip snorting cutting machine,I let a good climbing mate use it on site for a tank full,( I never lend out a good saw in my absense),he was not aware that the saw was anything but a normal 200t,but on reflection would have swapped his for mine in an instant.

Spud,I love it,its so good I might have to lay the saw up & just get it out now & then to improve my moods,its an ear bleeding rip snorting cutting machine,I let a good climbing mate use it on site for a tank full,( I never lend out a good saw in my absense),he was not aware that the saw was anything but a normal 200t,but on reflection would have swapped his for mine in an instant.

Yes, once you have felt that extra response on the trigger, heard that extra ring ping ping in the exhaust note and noticed the abillity to hold revs in deep cuts, you are hooked.

Took me a couple of years to get round to porting a 346XP and a couple of months to do my 357XP:thumbup:

some one at work pick up my ms200t the other day by mistake (even tho my name is written on the air filter cover) and tried to tune it abit better on site (tho was running fine) the results oviously show he hasnt got a scoby what hes doing with the tuning, i forgot this and tried to use it on a job today, when i got it home erlyer i gave it a good going over, new feul filter, and reset the carb,, but i still cant get it to run like it was.

Today I start with a tip - when trying to start a Stihl 084 it helps to have fuel in the tank:001_rolleyes: Almost killed myself pulling over this 122cc monster and then checked the plug - not very wet, checked the tank - empty:lol::blushing:

Started cleaning up a 357XP EPA that I have had on the shelf for a bit, someone has shown an interest in having it ported after seeing mine so cracked in to it today.

It is cleaning up well and will show the Auto decomp to standard decomp mod that gets rid of the troublesome decomp valve - see picture and will also show the porting once I have done it - just got to get some parts in now!

Glad it has the black unlimited coil - will be good for 14,500rpm whn done:thumbup:

P1040265.JPG.f50ccc7033f3171d951c51fd96ff750f.JPG

5976602317c73_AutoDecomp.JPG.67c4203983111121705e91a40851ef0e.JPG

Today I start with a tip - when trying to start a Stihl 084 it helps to have fuel in the tank:001_rolleyes: Almost killed myself pulling over this 122cc monster and then checked the plug - not very wet, checked the tank - empty:lol::blushing:

Started cleaning up a 357XP EPA that I have had on the shelf for a bit, someone has shown an interest in having it ported after seeing mine so cracked in to it today.

It is cleaning up well and will show the Auto decomp to standard decomp mod that gets rid of the troublesome decomp valve - see picture and will also show the porting once I have done it - just got to get some parts in now!

Glad it has the black unlimited coil - will be good for 14,500rpm whn done:thumbup:

my 2 346xp's have blue ones, is that bad new in terms of porting

Had a brushcutter in which had just been switched to Aspen by the owner, but was playing up. He was blaming the Aspen, but this is what I found in the carb, and that has definately not come out of an Aspen container.

So its just coincidence, and would have played up even if filled with petrol after winter layup.

A clean up and new carb kit and its running like a dream.

P3300004.JPG.6805fd1332879cd29f37c4de9ee75cab.JPG