What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Nice view in the workshop this weekend, three ported Huskys - two 372s and 350, now boxed and ready to go after a taching and run up:thumbup:

Been pulling seals also - got to show these pics just to piss off the techs without this tool:001_rolleyes::lol:

IM getting very excited bout these saws

cant wait till i can put them through some timber:thumbup::thumbup:

Got an old McCulloch Titan 50 that I purchased ages ago, surprisingly it did start so thought I would give it a quick going over ready for sale:001_rolleyes:

The clutch spring had snapped and had to grind out two lots of rivits to get the spring retaining plates off so I could get a new spring on.

Then...the bloody thing wouldn't start - fuel line had fallen apart as had the breather pipes, the oil pickup and the spaghetti junction of pipes around the manual oil pump:thumbdown:

Got them all replaced and just need to reassemble it and clean the carb - hopefully it will all be OK once fuelled up and pulled over.

You beat me to it, perfect method, the only thing I can add is, you may be able to slide thin webbing straps behind the flywheel.

Then hold the saw by the straps, one or two sharp taps with a middle sized hammer.

This also works for me.

H-A

All the above and i hold it over a sponge cushion (furniture not cake) so that the saw has a soft landing

Flywheel came off ok. Recoil spring was covered in crap so cleaned it off in petrol and reassembled. It still seems a bit tired and slow to rewind but I can't find anywhere to buy just the spring without the pulley etc. I also will need a fuel line for it as it isn't sealing in the fuel tank so I shudder to think what state it is in along the rest of it. Any ideas where to look for these online? :001_rolleyes: