What's on your bench today?

spudulike

You sure? I can't see valves or anything that is 4mix at all. The carb has adjustment on it, with 2 screws and tick over.

Will have a really good look tomoz but I'm 99% sure it is 2 stroke unless the cover is lying and it isn't really a 131.

Made me think now.......

Done the test on compression.

Yes, its a 4 mix, along with the HT100, HT101 and HT130

You will not see the valve cover unless you take off the cowl.

You also cannot do a compression test on a 4 mix engine because of the decompression device. Depending on how fast you pull it you will only read between 30 and 50psi.

Your machine is a bit of a puzzle to me.:confused1:

not acctuly on my bench but in for repair my david brown 950 decided she wanted to p!ss water out the pipe at the side of the radiator and drip oil everywhere from underneath ive only had it a few weeks bloody ebay sellers not being honest !!!!lol realy put me in a good mood anyone know how i could resolve the radiator problem my brother thinks it might need a new radiator but hes just goin on by what ive told him :thumbdown::thumbdown:

59765ff1f052e_(KGrHqR!ioE8RcK!VH4BPSnRW0jvw60_121.jpg.c31163dfc614ceeeede4b587e0bb6e5f.jpg

rgsltd, sorry to hear you have problems with the daisy. I may be wrong, but it sounds that the water is coming from the overflow pipe rather than the rad. If this is the case it is probably due to pressure builiding in the cooling system.

This could be due to a blocked by pass tickler in the stat, but most likley to be caused by a failed cylinder head gasket.

Is there any oil in the water, or water in the oil. Does she steam from the exhaust.

The oil leaks could be associated or seperate. Give it a good clean and then try to see where its coming from.

Yes, its a 4 mix, along with the HT100, HT101 and HT130

You will not see the valve cover unless you take off the cowl.

You also cannot do a compression test on a 4 mix engine because of the decompression device. Depending on how fast you pull it you will only read between 30 and 50psi.

Your machine is a bit of a puzzle to me.:confused1:

Your telling me. Anyway having a good look tomoz. Only thing I can think is someone has changed the Id on it before and it's not really a 131. Going to strip the damn thing to pieces tomoz and see what I come up with, have to remember the camera.

rgsltd, sorry to hear you have problems with the daisy. I may be wrong, but it sounds that the water is coming from the overflow pipe rather than the rad. If this is the case it is probably due to pressure builiding in the cooling system.

This could be due to a blocked by pass tickler in the stat, but most likley to be caused by a failed cylinder head gasket.

Is there any oil in the water, or water in the oil. Does she steam from the exhaust.

The oil leaks could be associated or seperate. Give it a good clean and then try to see where its coming from.

hi gardenkit yes now you say it i think it will be the overflow pipe its down the side of the radiator and at first i thought it had came unconnected from somewhere but on further inspection it wasnt ill get her out and clean her up im only 18 and preety rubbish with engines :blushing: ill have a look tommorow theres no water in the oil but the oil leaks seem to be coming from sereral places there was a tap on the side of the engine i turned it by accident elyer and that had quite a bit of presure on it no steam in exsaust just slightly smokey realy want her to get better ive been invited to a charity road run to skeg in june july :thumbup: thanks #

Checked the 131 it is a diff engine and not a 131, no valves just straight forward 2stroke.

Anyway cleaned carb and she runs fine. Customer doesn't mind it's not a 131 so told me to remove the sticker so there is no confusion later.

Don't know what engine it is though. Gone back now so I will prob never find out.

Both perfect- nothing to worry about there.

ok :) was just looking to see if they would warrent a piston each at some point to keep them going :thumbup1:

One of the 200t's when i bought it came with a 12" bar on it, but the bar groove seem's to wide on it and the chain seems to "rock" a lot side to side on that bar even when correctly tensioned. What would have caused it to do that? I've put a different bar on it now, so is the other scrap?

Cheers :thumbup: