What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I have a lot of respect for some of these tree lads, I sold an 880 with a 48" bar recently.

I could barely lift it and starting it on the bench scared the sh*t out of me.

The guy who collected it was related to a gorilla, swung into the back of his arbtruck with one arm.:001_rolleyes:

Totally know what you mean !!, here in Portugal some of the guys are pure gorillas, and use big bars all day long on old heavy metal cased saws.

my cs8000 80cc Echo is enough with a small bar 28" on , but i have seen folks using it with a 48"....respect.:thumbup:

Had an MS200t in today, with reported clutch problems. Fired it up on second pull and it ran for about 10 seconds before stopping as though siezed. Pulled it again and off it went, this time for about 5 seconds before siezing solid.

It soon freed up and would rotate, with difficulty but not past TDC.

Took it apart and found this damage.

The piston crown is peppered with small dents, as is the crown of the pot, and a couple of little bits of metal embedded in the top. There is no sign of lean sieze, or lack of lube.The rings are free and the pegs are still in place.

But there is a very small bit of skirt broken off on the inlet port side and corresponding damage to port edge.

I am trying to figure out what caused it, anybody got any ideas?

BTW the clutch is fine, so not sure where he got that idea:confused1:

59765fa6919a2_workshop032.JPG.6d3fa160d4c0e1fd900bd4e811c50548.JPG

59765fa68d30b_workshop029.JPG.72baf98564cabe47456542c57fd1b3e8.JPG

59765fa6891e6_workshop028.JPG.5f9fc5f5aff39b05af58baebe788f467.JPG

That will be the end of the airbox cover screw - the horse shoe shaped bit that clips in to the air filter back plate - half of it will be missing - straight down the carb and bingo - one shagged MS200T.

Got one like it my self.....saving it for a rainy day:001_rolleyes::lol:

Damn I'm good:biggrin:

Have a look at the small metal rod located in the middle of the carb cover.Its the bit that the air filter tightens into.

I had one fail and part of it got sucked into the engine,the other part stayed in place so it still kept the air filter cover on.

Also found another that was cracked but still in place.

Is the screw that holds the throttle valve or the choke valve missing? Other than this, perhaps someone has dropped one of the airfilter backplate nuts down the carb (unlikely) or the big end bearing has started to break down!

It may be we were right but the saw continuied to run and the cover has since been replaced!