What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I cannot really recommend one. I bought a 5 litre can when I got my US cleaner. Its labelled all in a foreign language and I cant find the same one on the net. Its probably no better than others but I still have plenty left.

Do a google search, but make sure you get a non caustic one which is safe for aluminium, there are others for steel, rust etc.

this is the cleaner i use

Ultrasonic Cleaning Fluid | Engines and Machine Parts | Mistral | Mistral Cleaning Products

i buy 5lt cans as well

will not discolor carbs

bill

Got another 200t on the bench today.

This one has knackerd crank bearings and seals and a knackerd crank.

Owner also wants a little mod.

Was given in bits so have to reassemble it aswell. Exhaust is missing so need one of those on it aswell..

Great fun. :thumbup:

I've recently spent more time than I would have liked replacing the muffler on an ms200 back handle.

My question is and I should have asked beforehand:001_rolleyes:

Is there a trick/nack to fit one as the gasket kept sliding out of place:laugh1:

Cheers,

Si

I've recently spent more time than I would have liked replacing the muffler on an ms200 back handle.

My question is and I should have asked beforehand:001_rolleyes:

Is there a trick/nack to fit one as the gasket kept sliding out of place:laugh1:

Cheers,

Si

Hahahahahaahahaha. If the gasket doesn't have two tabs on each screw hole on the gasket so you can put the first turns of the thread in and it holds the gasket in place I'm afraid you are just going to have to man up and keep twiddling until it goes in. :lol::lol::lol:

Use a LITTLE bit of petroleum jelly to hold it until its in place for the screws. Used this method before worked for me.

Use a LITTLE bit of petroleum jelly .

You been sticking your fingers in Gardenkits tub of jelly:lol: not you as well!!!

As Rich says, if you can get the bolts to hold it then great, other than that, find something gloopy to hold it in place!

It isn't a big job to remove the handle and tank - it wouldn't be the first time I have taken a saw apart and found the gasket floating around the fuel tank!