What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Just replaced the sprocket on the 242xp, and the plastic bit that holds the starter rope has fallen to bits, so its on order.

I bet you martyn henning down at mawnan smith still has what you need on the shelf - this guy still has old stocks for some of the more popular 1990-1998 huskys . well worth a try

Got my 024 up and running today, i had pressure checked as thought there may be an air leak but there didn't seem to be.

Fitted a carb repair kit like the one spud shows with the needle etc....

Saw seems to run ok and idle ok, just need to test it out bit to late on for testing tonight.

Now considering wether to change it to side chain adjustment or not? think theyre a straight swap.......

Also weather to remew the air filter as this is the old mesh one....

But if it isn't broke, why fix it..... its just a firewood saw

Just want to say a big thank you to Spud for sorting out my ms390 for me as cost effectivley as possible under the circumstances and budget.

I filled her up with oil and fuel and she started as she always used to on the 5th pull from cold.

Also treated it to a new sprocket, bar and chain so the poor old thing doesnt know whats hit it, plus its clean!

Spuds saved a saw that was most likely destined to fester in a box, plus he has saved me the extra £350 I would have had to spend on a replacement saw.

Thanks again.

Used her in anger today, but took it easy so as to bed in the new bits, its sounding nice and crisp!

All was going well till i hit some hiddne barbed wire.. balls ... tonight i will be sharpening the new chain!

All sounds good - Unfortunately built in metal detectors is beyond me.....there again:thumbup:

Glad it is behaving, the rod was my main concern but was pleased with how free it was on turning it over with no plug in it - no sign of binding so should all be good.