What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Looks like the ones I get in:sneaky2::001_rolleyes:

You will know if it is bio or veggie oil as it dries unlike the normal Still stuff. Once dried, it seems to rot the paint and needs a wood chisel and craft knife to remove it.

It is really bad stuff to clean off a saw!

The little 170 has a Kat and i think it runs that hot that it baked all the crap around the brake linkage, it was solid stuff:thumbdown:

The 171 wasn't as bad as the 170 but still bad :thumbdown:

I've got his stump grinder to service next, can't wait to see that:001_rolleyes:

Not sure, but the saw has never been cleaned :thumbdown:

No shot Sherlick :lol: I'd be telling them to bring it back when it has. :thumbup: Probably never looked at it because it's never been a problem like if it ain't broke don't fix it instead of an ounce or prevention beats a pound of cure. :laugh1:

Does veg oil make it black? Why so?

Veg oil just provides a good base for the black stuff to stick to and helps it to bake on, a bit like old oven pans.

Edited by peatff

Ms361 bought as a going concern from some tool on eBay.

Muffler bolt sheared and stuck in cylinder, piston scored (pot too probably), fuel tank cracked and leaking, bar FUBAR.

Posted it full of fuel. Leaked all over the box; RM refused to deliver to my house.

"Was fine when I posted it" says he.

Refusing refund.

Awesome. Long claim wait ahead.

:(

Ms361 bought as a going concern from some tool on eBay.

Muffler bolt sheared and stuck in cylinder, piston scored (pot too probably), fuel tank cracked and leaking, bar FUBAR.

Posted it full of fuel. Leaked all over the box; RM refused to deliver to my house.

"Was fine when I posted it" says he.

Refusing refund.

Awesome. Long claim wait ahead.

:(

Ebay are usually pretty good on stuff like this, they will ask you to send it back and record the delivery and they will then reimburse you the money and it will take around two weeks.

Dicks like him are why many courier companies don't take saws anymore - how difficult is it to drain it, double bag it with wadding around the bar mount and then pack it in a bed of rolled up newspaper:001_rolleyes::thumbdown:

One prat fouls up and we all take the fall out!

Dicks like him are why many courier companies don't take saws anymore - how difficult is it to drain it, double bag it with wadding around the bar mount and then pack it in a bed of rolled up newspaper:001_rolleyes::thumbdown:

One prat fouls up and we all take the fall out!

My God this p*sses me off!

It's the third time it has happened and every time I fly into a complete fury! Not only is it completely f*cking obvious to all but an utter goblin that petrol shouldn't be posted, but IT'S SO DANGEROUS!

The ruddy postman might be KILLED for God's sake!

Sorry. Rant over.

:blushing:

My God this p*sses me off!

It's the third time it has happened and every time I fly into a complete fury! Not only is it completely f*cking obvious to all but an utter goblin that petrol shouldn't be posted, but IT'S SO DANGEROUS!

The ruddy postman might be KILLED for God's sake!

Sorry. Rant over.

:blushing:

Yup, saws can leak and postmen may smoke, not rocket science, it is the fact that saws now appear on prohibited lists and it makes running any sort of business more difficult for responsible traders.

Do you recon this cylinder is salvageable Steve??[ATTACH]182098[/ATTACH][ATTACH]182099[/ATTACH]

Yes Matty, looks very doable, whats it off, Dolmar or is it your T540?

I can't see 100% how much aluminium there is on the bore but either use a strong caustic soda solution or acid taken from a car/bike/etc battery cell or brick cleaning solution on the area until it stops fizzing and then use 100 grit paper to take the black oxide off and then finish with 400 grit paper.

Rub around the bore with the 400 grit to lightly hone it and then fit the new piston and rebuild.

Any idea why it failed? If it is a normal carb, set it a bit fat on the H screw and if the saw is any more than 3-4 years old and you are not sure why it failed, I would pressure check the saw to be safe.

Good luck