What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Bottom end done on the 560,couple of taps with the copper Mallet to the fly wheel and clutch spindles after it was tightened to loosen the bearings and a jobs a good un. just awaiting a red barn piston and I'll post you the head and exhaust to mod Steve, if that's cool ?

[ATTACH]172341[/ATTACH]

Oh dear:sneaky2::lol: Think that will be a job for Christmas afternoon after a bottle or two of vino - will be in the mood for it:001_rolleyes::lol:

Yes, send it over and I will see what I can do. That cylinder will be mighty tricky so no blame if it turns to brown warm stuff:blushing:

Do you have a video of the 241 yet :001_rolleyes::001_tt2:

Well, yes and no. I have a vid, but the bar is so worn, and the metering is off on the carb, it really doesn't do it justice. I just ordered some mtronic carb parts(and am told I am the first person to ever do so - including the stihl dealer themselves). So we'll see how it goes. Spud has been helping me out with the metering as well. Wish us luck. If it fails, we can at least find a way to blame him.

The vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLigDD-Jpfw

Oh dear:sneaky2::lol: Think that will be a job for Christmas afternoon after a bottle or two of vino - will be in the mood for it:001_rolleyes::lol:

Yes, send it over and I will see what I can do. That cylinder will be mighty tricky so no blame if it turns to brown warm stuff:blushing:

Do you need the piston for the port work ?

Well, yes and no. I have a vid, but the bar is so worn, and the metering is off on the carb, it really doesn't do it justice. I just ordered some mtronic carb parts(and am told I am the first person to ever do so - including the stihl dealer themselves). So we'll see how it goes. Spud has been helping me out with the metering as well. Wish us luck. If it fails, we can at least find a way to blame him

The vid:

It is bad enough bring blamed for my own mistakes let alone yours Wes:sneaky2::lol:

It is bad enough bring blamed for my own mistakes let alone yours Wes:sneaky2::lol:

At least you didn't do a hard sell on testing this thing with 'Stihl Diagnoostics Computahz" for 50 euro. I don't need to spend 50 euro for them to tell me I need a new carburetor...for only another 199 euro plus 70 installation, and another 50 to test it.

Well, yes and no. I have a vid, but the bar is so worn, and the metering is off on the carb, it really doesn't do it justice. I just ordered some mtronic carb parts(and am told I am the first person to ever do so - including the stihl dealer themselves). So we'll see how it goes. Spud has been helping me out with the metering as well. Wish us luck. If it fails, we can at least find a way to blame him.

The vid:

Thanks mate :thumbup: I need to get 1 now

Anyone ever had it where carb screws seem to back out on their own?

A carb on on of my 200t's keeps backing the screws out so running rich and being a pain. It is an older 020t carb fitted. Going to put a different carb on but wondered if anyone else got similar problems?

Thought a bit of blue tack between screws could help.

Anyone ever had it where carb screws seem to back out on their own?

A carb on on of my 200t's keeps backing the screws out so running rich and being a pain. It is an older 020t carb fitted. Going to put a different carb on but wondered if anyone else got similar problems?

Thought a bit of blue tack between screws could help.

try some new springs