Silver Birch topping!

Mark Bolam

I am lucky in the fact that I can pick and choose ben, but non the less, I came into this game to do things right, if I am forced through lack of work to change my morals then I'll get out and start a new business doing something else, I can adapt.

Perci, the public need protecting against ignorant, ill advised tree owners also. I have seen countless topped trees roadside weak unions an all. I find it hard to swallow that someone can buy a house with a 200 year old oak in the back garden and decide they don't like it or have decided they will have it out before they actually move in. They are barstewards in my opinion.

Trees need protecting against muppets

Why are people who know nothing about trees ignorant muppets???? why do we always take the extreme example, the 200 or 800 year old oak. Birch the original tree,i've never topped one but felled loads, is a nuiance in the urban environment with its pollen.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you Mark, totally with you on that one! The guy I use to work for, many years ago, quoted for a guy that was adamant that he wanted a row of eight or so specimen Scots pines to be felled in the rear of his garden. My mate phoned the council, found out there were no tpo's on the trees, and so asked if they could rush a tpo order through on them. A week later my mate got an apologetic phone call from the house owner saying that we wouldn't be able to do the job as he had found out the trees we tpo'd. Never forget that, thought that was such a cool thing to do. (never did find out how HE found out about the tpo's, but he had no idea it was us)

Gotta disagree with all that :thumbdown:tbh very underhanded IMO

Did your boss have 8 specimen scots in his garden? If not he should plant some instead of preaching to other people.

Why are people who know nothing about trees ignorant muppets????

I'll give you a clue.

It drops leaves in my gutter.

It shades my new conservatory.

Can you just chop it in half.

It leaves a right mess on my drive when the leaves fall.

I'm scared it's roots are under my house.

It's our job to educate them not agree with them :confused1:

Ha. Admit it - you were beaten by my superior arguments and use of scientific fact, my higher qualifications, long experience, and my devestating application of logic.

What, two grunts and an illegable word. I've heard better arguments from my dog.

Ed, You use as few a words as possible to get straight to the point. I've come to expect that from you.

I should have replied with just "Whatever" to counter

Mr ed and deano you made my night pissing myself haha.

Sounds like everyones been having a right old bitch fest.

We are just human guys we make bad choices and good ones.

You cant please everyone all the time and you cant cut trees the best way all the time.

As for putting a tpo on a customers tree without there permission thats just bang out of order if they ever found out your company name would get dragged rightly through the mud.

:001_tongue::001_tongue::001_tongue: