Silver Birch topping!

Mark Bolam

Well done mark. Money is not everything..we arbs have got standards were not pikies!

I've got standards but it's their tree and it's only a silver birch, it would make a nice habitat, topped and you could come back and fell it in a year or two and get paid twice. If you can afford to turn away work, good for you. I make recommendations but it's still only a tree..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got standards but it's their tree and it's only a silver birch, it would make a nice habitat, topped and you could come back and fell it in a year or two and get paid twice. If you can afford to turn away work, good for you. I make recommendations but it's still only a tree..

:congrats::congrats:

Good for you Mark, totally with you on that one! The guy I use to work for, many years ago, quoted for a guy that was adamant that he wanted a row of eight or so specimen Scots pines to be felled in the rear of his garden. My mate phoned the council, found out there were no tpo's on the trees, and so asked if they could rush a tpo order through on them. A week later my mate got an apologetic phone call from the house owner saying that we wouldn't be able to do the job as he had found out the trees we tpo'd. Never forget that, thought that was such a cool thing to do. (never did find out how HE found out about the tpo's, but he had no idea it was us)

The guy I use to work for, many years ago, quoted for a guy that was adamant that he wanted a row of eight or so specimen Scots pines to be felled in the rear of his garden. My mate phoned the council, found out there were no tpo's on the trees, and so asked if they could rush a tpo order through on them. A week later my mate got an apologetic phone call from the house owner saying that we wouldn't be able to do the job as he had found out the trees we tpo'd. Never forget that, thought that was such a cool thing to do.

And then we wonder why people get the pikeys to do their trees :thumbdown:

And then we wonder why people get the pikeys to do their trees :thumbdown:

Entirely in his court, if he wanted to go down that road then there's nothing you can do, but at least (I feel) we did the right thing. Better than felling the trees just because the guy wanted to look at a field rather than a row of trees, (his garden was massive, no reason at all to fell them APART from the fact he didn't like trees. I'm no tree hugger, and I do understand some trees NEED to be felled for various reasons, but this job was not for one of those reasons.