Are there many coffee addicts on here ?

gensetsteve

its part of work here bro. why dont you drink coffee on holiday??

I have no idea I think its the change of life style and the cost. Its cheaper to drink lager where we went. Also I find quality of coffee varies when your not in control of the machine. But thats just the view of a coffee additive control freak.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my expresso machine so much so I used to drink 3 buckets a day ( big cups )

I went abroad for a week. After 3 days had a banging head ache. Thought may be the heat but found beer took the edge of the pain, so carried on self medicating for the rest of the hol :biggrin:. Came home 3 days later still got banging head so thought better make sure not brain tumour went to doc. He asked do you drink coffee. I said normally yes but I was good on holiday never drank any. Apparently going cold turkey is not good when you are a junkey :lol:

I have cut it down to one bucket a day anyone else enjoy there super brew coffee too much.

me :thumbup1:

I love my expresso machine so much so I used to drink 3 buckets a day ( big cups )

I went abroad for a week. After 3 days had a banging head ache. Thought may be the heat but found beer took the edge of the pain, so carried on self medicating for the rest of the hol :biggrin:. Came home 3 days later still got banging head so thought better make sure not brain tumour went to doc. He asked do you drink coffee. I said normally yes but I was good on holiday never drank any. Apparently going cold turkey is not good when you are a junkey :lol:

I have cut it down to one bucket a day anyone else enjoy there super brew coffee too much.

I am addicted but can think of worse things to be hooked on, I can't function without some caffeine in me, black and strong and smooth, none of this bitter junk you get from some of the coffee chains.

I am addicted but can think of worse things to be hooked on, I can't function without some caffeine in me, black and strong and smooth, none of this bitter junk you get from some of the coffee chains.

coffee is bitter mate, you just gotta kill the bitterness with a ton of sugar. You are right about the coffee chains though, that is just muck and like i said before, they should learn their trade before selling the crap:thumbdown:

Being a council worker, I get the time and indeed support from my peers, to appease my addiction to coffee.

I went on honeymoon to South Africa and part of that was spent at some sort of fair trade coffee plantation. We drank various coffees from there with the guide telling us how crap our coffee was in the UK. I couldn't take him seriously though; all of these poncey coffees at source, poncey coffees in poncey shops over here, none of them taste as good as 3 spoons of Nescafe Gold with 1 sugar and a lashing of milk.

Been one and escaped that circle. Couldn't afford it if anything else because I was addicted to Montecristo 1935 Habana blend, following a trip to Cuba (I still like the rum and cigars far too much).

"Tea, though ridiculed by those who are naturally coarse in their nervous sensibilities will always be the favorite beverage of the intellectual *and the treeman*."

Im not addicted to it but through the winter i was having litre and half flask while working, lived on it all winter and never noticed any differance. come spring and the slightly warmer days when cold drinks were needed i stopped drinking coffee, i was basically knackered, run down and ready for bed by 6pm. Took me ages to get back to how i was.

coffee is bitter mate, you just gotta kill the bitterness with a ton of sugar. You are right about the coffee chains though, that is just muck and like i said before, they should learn their trade before selling the crap:thumbdown:

I think costa coffee and the other chains do a pretty good coffee....

And before you say it I've had plenty of coffee in other european countries. It does seem to taste a bit better there but never quite sure if this is just because you're on holiday!