Newish chipper

cordwood

After Friday spent at APF looking at al sort's of shiney new kit,most of which i can't afford! :thumbdown:

I'm thinking of trading in my old 6 inch Entec chipper for a newer bigger model, perhaps a 8 inch Timberwolf , not sure what would you go for?

Also it would be handier if it was wider as reversing it behind the 130 can be a right nightmare as the high sides obscure all sign of it till it's too late to correct!:scared1:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:001_tt1:never really been a timberwolf fan but each to there own i guess, i run a tunnisen on a turn table, real heavy duty, big bearings etc been a spot on machine will have another. good luck with what ever you buy.:001_smile:

Deffinetly each to his own!

I have a 6 inch timberwolf love it to pieces made its money very easy never broke down. The after care service on these is the best in the uk with no doubt.

The tw 190 is a heavy machine but its very impressive will handel any uk tree with great ease.

Or a schliesing but these are heavier and more expensive to buy maintain and repair and do go wrong.

If i had all the money in the world i would buy a 7.5inch schliesing. Why they just look good and are very nice to use although the no stress is just to slow.

Remember dealer back up is so so important so TW cant be beaten for that reason i stick with them.

After Friday spent at APF looking at al sort's of shiney new kit,most of which i can't afford! :thumbdown:

I'm thinking of trading in my old 6 inch Entec chipper for a newer bigger model, perhaps a 8 inch Timberwolf , not sure what would you go for?

Also it would be handier if it was wider as reversing it behind the 130 can be a right nightmare as the high sides obscure all sign of it till it's too late to correct!:scared1:[/QUOTe

Right i swaped my tw150 for a tw190 about 9 or 10 months ago. The bigger model is much more well thought out ie

1.changing the blades take about 10min max with a 24mm spanner.

2.The bearing is bigger

3.The brush gets pulled in so much better due to having 4 bigger springs over the 2 small springs on the tw150

4.The mud gaurds are soild metal over plastic

5.The fuel tank is much biger i fill it up once a week.

6.Infed hopper is wider biger for brushy material.

7.It has a 45hp kubota over the 35hp

but most of the bad points on the 6inch machine are to keep the weight of the machine under the 750kg towing limit.I have used most makes of chippers and owned 2 tw150 timberwolf a tw190 timberwolf a bandit 90 and premier 400xz (RIP) im really happy with the bigger timberwolf good alround machine.