London riots!

Frankie Lawrence

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In many ways we live in a classic pre-revolutionary society. But, the engine of revolution is rarely the mob, but the middle class once their economic aspirations are raised and then thwarted - that is the story of every major revolution - our own in the 1600s, US, France, Russia etc.. If the economic situations worsens, as it it probably will, my life time may become very interesting.

I'm also very much up for batton rounds against the mob.

the younger generation have got absolutely no fear

:001_rolleyes:

Edited by Sam Thompson

Croydon my hometown is now ablaze! sounds like abserloute carnage everywere! Respect to any emergancy services that are out there in the middle of it!

Reeves Furnishing on reeves Corner is a pile of ash mate.

Fun used to be staying out all day, scrambling up trees, playing footie, riding your bike till it broke... OK so my life has never been near 'working class' whatever that is but flippin' 'eck burning shops etc just isn't what normal people think of as fun.

In many ways we live in a classic pre-revolutionary society. But, the engine of revolution is rarely the mob, but the middle class once their economic aspirations are raised and then thwarted - that is the story of every major revolution - our own in the 1600s, US, France, Russia etc.. If the economic situations worsens, as it it probably will, my life time may become very interesting.

I'm also very much up for batton rounds against the mob.

:001_rolleyes:

sorry ,but that sounds absolute twoddle, middle class people are not the ones looting and setting fire to cars, you can tell these are just itinerant yobs, its the middle class people who wont have work to go to in the morning because their shop or factory has been burned out and their car set alight

Trouble is what do you do these days?

On the one hand get stuck in and bang some heads - bound to be some innocent people caught up in that and a backlash later down the line.....

What do you do when you've caught them? No prison space left....

Been watching for 3 hours and it does just seem like young kids riding bikes on their phones.

No easy answer. Hope doesn't get closer to you Rich!

sorry ,but that sounds absolute twoddle, middle class people are not the ones looting and setting fire to cars, you can tell these are just itinerant yobs, its the middle class people who wont have work to go to in the morning because their shop or factory has been burned out and their car set alight

That's not what I am saying. :001_smile: