Gets my vote

Mesterh

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Happening here miscarriage of justice taking place and reported on the news mainly DNA cases, that being said I for one of many believe the death penalty is warranted. Further more as more and more violent crimes take place in the UK and in Europe in general the death penalty will return. IMO when my family or friends human rights are violated or taken away, turn about is fair play.

elg

Happening here miscarriage of justice taking place and reported on the news mainly DNA cases, that being said I for one of many believe the death penalty is warranted. Further more as more and more violent crimes take place in the UK and in Europe in general the death penalty will return. IMO when my family or friends human rights are violated or taken away, turn about is fair play.

elg

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth are a thing of the past, untill we can be 100% sure of somebodys guilt then the death penalty should be left out of UK law, and as the law stands in this green and pleasant land unreasonable doubt is not 100%. This is only my opinion.

Funny thing about the past and I recon how much one can learn from it. As stated earlier with DNA cases just recently here in the states a vile of blood from one of the most prolific killers here in Florida was located, his name was Ted Bundy. Mr Bundy was tried and convicted of murder although it may never be known how many persons this man killed he was tried by a jury of his peers and found guilty and did die by Capital Punishment. At the time DNA evidence did not exist yet he was found guilty and with this new find of evidence I am sure that more victims of this monster will be found and more justice will have been served by Science. Although I am not sure if there has been any cases lost due to the science of DNA evidence, I am sure more people in the future will be found not guilty and many more will be found guilty and punished accordingly. Call it a modern day version of and eye for an eye, and let justice be served.

elg

Im pretty sure that if you handed any of the child killers etc that have done a few years and are looking at many more a knife, they would try and kill themselves without a momments hesitation. Why? because their life is a living hell,forget playstations etc,banged up for 23 hours a day for the rest of your life is worse than dangling from a rope. Make them suffer for as long as possible and never let them out, or do what they want and bring back capital punishment.

Edited by Amelanchier
Language

elg

What are you basing that statement on? The balance of evidence is against it.

It would require each nation (all 50 of them) to overturn its commitment to the European Convention on Human Rights

Only 2 nations in the EU still have the death penalty, they are both ex soviet block and reasonably new to the union, one reserves the penalty for war crimes.

As others have said there have been miscarriages of justice and there is no coming back from dead.