what do people want!!!

simonm

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Robarb I was refering to the original post.

To others trying to knock money off isn't illegal it's just trying to knock money off, if they do they are onto a winner if not, no harm in trying.

If you allow this then beat yourself up about it, change your ways :)

yeh i read it as a reply to the previous post to yours:001_rolleyes:

how wrong was i :lol:

Done a job for a lovely coupe some time ago, after the job was completed and the transaction was received "they said we have some more work for you to price, "can we come to some sort of agrement on the price" i said curtently and i have had repet custom there after. If i feel i can get more work from someone i work the situation in a way that everyone is a winner. Western:thumbup1:

yeah i think i need to adopt your way of thinking...if phone rings it rings

Dont get me wrong I can still have a right good whinge with the best of them when I drive past jobs that I quoted for months before and have never been touched.:laugh1:

Theres nothing wrong in having a bit of a whine as long as you just move on and dont let it bother you at all.:thumbup1:

The worst ones I think are when you go out to look at a simple job(well it sounds like over the phone) that before long turns into "Can you also trim this, fell that, prune the other, err maybe not fell that but prune it, well can I have a price to fell it and another price to prune it oh and can you give me a price for this one, and can you price them all individually then give me a price altogether at a discount?":001_rolleyes:

Waste of a perfectly good stamp sometimes!

Don't price jobs for 5 Hours.

Its either half a day or a whole one.

...now theres a sound bit of advice !

Spot on Spike,saves all the messing about.

At the end of it clients want to know where they stand in most cases,and the messers get no chance to quibble.:thumbup1:

As far as my comment about the TV goes; I was meaning more along the lines of what Stephen Blair said. If you don't ask for a discount you don't get. And yep, I've had plenty of people try it on with me after the job has been done. The same old questions; do I get senior citizens discount, what if I pay cash etc. If you don't want to give them a discount just say no, that's the price you were quoted, that's the price you pay. Of course you get the odd pillock who wants to try it on big time but surely you can't knock a man for trying? How many have walked up to the counter with goods in hand and then once you're at the checkout ask if you can have a discount? Surely this is classed as willing to accept the price quoted for that item when you pick it up and head to the checkout to then only ask for the discount? I did the very thing today and walked away with 20% off ticket. Sure, it isn't exactly getting the item hope then walking into the shop a day later asking for money off but you have to try in this day and age don't you? And if you're not big enough to say no, more fool you.