Hook or tongs

Guss109

both are handy together, if im in the woods with collegue il take the oppsit to what he has, as the are so usful used together,, but there is a set of bacho tongs on clarks websit that double up as a hook

Bahco Log Tongs with Plastic Leg | Clark Forest : Forestry Equipment

I always wondered what that plastic bit on one leg was for :blushing: I've had a set of those for years and never knew that.

I've never got on with a pulp hook and only bother with tongs (a small set) when shortwooding)

The big ones, I find, are too clumsy and chances are if the small ones won't fit round a stem then it's big enough to stay where it is til a helper or the forwarder comes along

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post said he was doing it in october:confused1:

in my area it is still July :thumbup:

You bang on there Bob it's not till October. I can't wait for it to come round. Yes Im thinking about the timberland chain saw gloves as they sound good. So far I've got 5 and 8 inch plastic wedges/a pair of tongs/tape measure and holder/tong holder/chain oil/roller guide/files/New bar cover/whistle/combi can. Any one think of any other basics before I place my order?

I've already got my saw hat and trousers and just waiting till next month to get my boots.

All the best guss

Edited by Guss109
Mong spelling

Got my cs30/31 in October so looking at buying a few bits as I go.

to me that says i got cs30/31 last october.

Not my fault you english cant speak your own language:001_tt2:

If he said i am doing my blah blah or i have my blah blah then it would have been clearer:001_rolleyes:

That being the case then never mind the high lift like i mentioned before cos you wont need it till you start doing bigger stuff.

GOT my cs30 years ago what do i remember?:lol:

just cut the logs to the appropriate size that u just pick it up with ur hands

I was working on thinning trees up 'till february when I got Tennis Elbow from lifting and dragging logs without tongs. I'm now 5 months later without picking up a saw and not being able to work properly because of it. Some days i need both hands to drink a cup of tea! Buy tongs and use them!

Yes Im thinking about the timberland chain saw gloves as they sound good.

i had a pair of these about 2 years ago, and i found them to be very poor :thumbdown: didnt last very long.

Propper chainsaw gloves may be required for cs units, but when working i dont think they are nessisary (unless deemed by the risk assesment) so in my opinion i would get a cheapo pair for the courses, then shop around for some good work gloves that suit you, everyone has differnt preferances. Personally i have been using these GUIDE 525-21 Synthetic - Personal Protection for the past week or so and they seem to be good for the price