Hook or tongs

Guss109

Oh and don't forget a felling bar/wedges!

:dito:

Get the big felling bar cos the other mickey mouse one is no good unless its always small stuff your cutting. At least 1 high lift wedge and a selection of others and dont forget something to hit them with.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tools as listed below, but basically get as many tools / spares in your toolkit as possible.

As for hooks or tongs... used properly, 2 well sharpened pulp hooks will out perform tongs any day. They're suprisingly versatile when you know how to use and maintain them.

:dito:

Get the big felling bar cos the other mickey mouse one is no good unless its always small stuff your cutting. At least 1 high lift wedge and a selection of others and dont forget something to hit them with.

Meh hilifts pielifts :001_tt2:

x1 10" Oregon wedge (big yella)

x1 6" Oregon wedge

x1 BIG felling bar

Files

Husky file guide

First aid

Tongs. Bacho ones, Stihls broke on me.

Pulp hooks not worth using, I can use one end of tongs if necessary but they are handy on softwoods.

Dent, what sort of cutting do you do?

Meh hilifts pielifts :001_tt2:

x1 10" Oregon wedge (big yella)

x1 6" Oregon wedge

x1 BIG felling bar

Files

Husky file guide

First aid

Tongs. Bacho ones, Stihls broke on me.

Pulp hooks not worth using, I can use one end of tongs if necessary but they are handy on softwoods.

Dent, what sort of cutting do you do?

whats wrong with highlifts? i think they are great:thumbup:

meh file guides shmile guides:001_tt2::lol:

we do anything and everything

but i was always taught if its small enough end over end it into a pile for the fowarder if not just leave it nothing to be shorter than the fowarder bunks on comercial jobs

with domestic or tree surgery work dut to whichevr size is most efficient to handle

i think there is one felling bar between everyone in the lock up but most the time wedges are used