Ms261 or 346xp

SAM66S

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got ourselves a new 261 and not greatly impressed. Some good new features but the feel and quality is just not really there anymore... :(. Will be looking at Huskys in the future I think, stihl going down hill??

i agree with that,i use both husky and stihl as my personal saws[but only a 200t]as there is no better climbing saw and i use huskys for ground saws

when i was subbing for a local company the unit was broken into and all saws stolen,one was mine [346xp] loved that saw,the next day the boss bought 6 brand new ms261s and has soon has i picked it up it felt so cheap,he said i could have it to replace my stolen saw,i told him i was going to sell it and buy a husky,so they give me a 2010 357xp [sorted]

i fill in for a LA when staff are off on hols or sick and they have stihl everything saws,blowers,polesaw etc and i use a ms260 with various other saws [they have a 880 in the lockup,4ft bar,[ MONSTER]and i think the old ms260 is a better saw than the new ms261 :001_rolleyes:

The build quality of both stihl and husky seems to have gone downhill, but husky more so. I have done around 500hrs on my 261 now and its been acceptable.

ive had no problems with my 346xp, it fires on the first pull

• 1 year later...

old thread i know but i want to add my opinion, i bought a 346xpg as my first saw but felt a traitor as everybody else seemed to rant on about the wonders of stihl, so fr my second saw i went stihl 441-cm and its not a patch on the husky just doesn't feel right and the issues i'm having with it not oiling right and the nose sprocket ceasing up are just annoying, so on ebay the other day saw a 395xp and treated myself it too is lovely, i have to agree with the majority husky all the way i just hope they nail the t540xp, if they ever release it!!!!!