1 hours chipping near Worcester

IRONJACK

An hours work is £60 minimum... My transit and tw to fill takes about 30 45 mins to fill then it becomes £150 due to the round trip wear and tear ect if some one can fit it in then fair play... Other wise buy a 14grand bit of kit your self along with the truck insurance, diesel ect and make it pay... If not buy a stolen one , dont pay insurance and become the A holes I have to compeat against.

Like I said, if your not interested...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me, I, almost, defended you earlier by explaining my thoughts on what constitutes a one hour job, where I said it can be done if it doesn't effect the real work of the day but that that would be hard to organise in advance.

My comments about time and motion were based on what you said to TCD and I quote

6 hours?! Google 'time and motion' it will save you a fortune!

Now thats barking at someone as if they are simple! Not to mention patronising! I thought you were out of line with that so I commented in my own way. Your trying to save your dad some money by asking others to do you a favour, now have some grace and you might get somewhere. We have all given good advice and an honest insight to the actuallities of running a business with your own very expensive kit. None of us have invested time and money in order to help someone else help his dad out.

I'm really glad a tree surgeon of 10 years experience has told you what to do, sounds like your listening to him more than the collective years of experience you get here.

he said the brush would barely fill a high sided transit [un chipped].. 50 quids 50 quid at end of day... ladds that work for me are always sayin why do i bother tryin to get an extra 30 or 40 quid off a customer to cut a branch or clear bit rubbish that i've spotted they got in corner of their garden when we just had £1200 off them.. i beenon my arse with no money in my pocket plenty times in past and i no those 30'sand 40's add up...!

Excuse me, I, almost, defended you earlier by explaining my thoughts on what constitutes a one hour job, where I said it can be done if it doesn't effect the real work of the day but that that would be hard to organise in advance.

My comments about time and motion were based on what you said to TCD and I quote

6 hours?! Google 'time and motion' it will save you a fortune!

Now thats barking at someone as if they are simple! Not to mention patronising! I thought you were out of line with that so I commented in my own way. Your trying to save your dad some money by asking others to do you a favour, now have some grace and you might get somewhere. We have all given good advice and an honest insight to the actuallities of running a business with your own very expensive kit. None of us have invested time and money in order to help someone else help his dad out.

I'm really glad a tree surgeon of 10 years experience has told you what to do, sounds like your listening to him more than the collective years of experience you get here.

ALMOST, but you didn't.

My google comment was in response to a ridiculous claim that it was going to take 6 hours, which it wouldn't, obviously.

Have some grace?! I made a simple offer, some people said it was fair, some said they'd do it if they were local enough, some thought it wasn't enough. SOME decided to be condecending, patronising and flat out tell me I'm wrong. I wasn't asking for advise, and I wasn't asking for a favour. I was offering work. As I'm getting sick of saying, if your not interested...

Got a large pile of brash in my Dads front garden, Church lane, Bishampton. Nothing in there over 3". Can't see it taking a commercial chipper more than an hour. (I'd love to help) Chips to be taken away.

Is £50 fair? No massive hurry but within the next few weeks if your in the area?

can anyone help the lad or not ???

its a lttle job probaly cash whats wrong with you lot :biggrin:

£50 for 1 hrs chipping which would prob fill my truck and i would have to dispose of chips...mmmm

prob is that chippers cost over 15k new + fuel and the average truck is around 8k, then maintaining the chipper and truck etc etc etc...£50 is beer money and will barely cover expensies.

I don't want to buy your chipper, or your truck for that matter. £50 is beer money, or diesel money. It's £50, for doing VERY little, if your passing/in the area/on the way to the pub. It's extra money, if you don't want it/can't do it, what's your point?

I agree 6 hours was a bit steep. As most have said 2 hours is a usual minimum in this line of work to take into account the cost of the kit. You are asking for a favour and I hope you get it done. You are not doing anyone a favour, thats what I mean by grace, your "offer" is actually a request for help not an offer.