1 hours chipping near Worcester

IRONJACK

It would have been better mate if you had come on here and asked if anyone would give you a price to chip the waste rather than tell us how much we should charge you to do the job. In the past I, and I'm sure others on here have had people tell them it only an hours chipping or it's only a small tree etc. This is a forum and everybody has an opinion, right or wrong.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case you should be asking what someone would charge you for this work. Take the cheapest price and say thanks. Its not that great of an opportunity is it, clearing up someone elses mess?

What you have found then is that £50 is cost price, virtually free, and a favour if you can find someone to do it.

This is what we have all been trying to explain. £50 is for when you chip a pile of rubbish from the garden next door to where you are working.

This discussion is helping to explain the value of what we do.

I think if you read back over the whole of this thread you will see it is swaying dramatically in my favour.

Theocus has just offered to do it, and Tewkesbury is hardly the garden next door

Come on Rupe, admit your wrong, people will respect you for it!

It would have been better mate if you had come on here and asked if anyone would give you a price to chip the waste rather than tell us how much we should charge you to do the job. In the past I, and I'm sure others on here have had people tell them it only an hours chipping or it's only a small tree etc. This is a forum and everybody has an opinion, right or wrong.

Thanks for your opinion.

I didn't tell anyone how much to charge me. I made an offer, and a flexible one at that.

Thanks anyway.

Lets just say...

If we were calculating this to the hourly rate and the costs involved with doing a job for £50 its not really beneficial but as it arbtalk you might get away with it. AS Rupe says if your next door and little Mrs Miggings comes over and you chip for 10mins with 2 blokes for £50, your doing well. But on the flip side say (for easy maths)

Incured costs (roughly)

Tipper truck: 25p per mile, 30 mile round trip (Because you live close!) = £7.50

2 men for 1 hr work, 30mins travel = 1h 30 mins @ £22.50 p/h = 33.75

Diesel in chipper, 1 Hr, estimated £4.00

insurance,wear tear blah blah (estimated) =£4.00

(im sure there is more and this is just estimated costs)

Estimated total = £49.25p

So hopefully because its Arbtalk someone can lend a hand.

There is no right or wrong, its a discussion.

I explained what my take on an hours work is, fits between 2 jobs and not effecting the space on the truck and all done including traveling/chatting/cup of tea in an hour. It sounds as though that is exactly the work that you are asking for. So now that is established you have had some offers.

Intitially people thought it was an hours chipping. That is a totally different thing. But either way, you are asking for a favour, not offering to help someone out with a work opportunity.

Theocus has said he could work something out, he didn't say he would drive over from tewksbury to do it for you. He works in worcester from time to time so might be able to help you out, try and be grateful.

JESUS CHRIST. (sorry mod)

I'm a Sky TV engineer at present, and know plenty about time & motion, doing up to 7-8 jobs a day, and still managing to fit unscheduled call-in's for other engineers/customers into my day.

The pile of brash would probably just spill over an empty high sided transit tipper - UNCHIPPED. If you don't have enough room for all the chippings, no worries, my Dad will deal with the rest himself. I was going to hire a chipper and leave them all for him, so anything that can be removed will be a bonus but not essential.

Maybe you could take the brash to the local tip in your sky engineers van.

Couple of trips and save yourself £50?