1 hours chipping near Worcester

IRONJACK

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no right or wrong, its a discussion.

I explained what my take on an hours work is, fits between 2 jobs and not effecting the space on the truck and all done including traveling/chatting/cup of tea in an hour. It sounds as though that is exactly the work that you are asking for. So now that is established you have had some offers.

Intitially people thought it was an hours chipping. That is a totally different thing. But either way, you are asking for a favour, not offering to help someone out with a work opportunity.

Theocus has said he could work something out, he didn't say he would drive over from tewksbury to do it for you. He works in worcester from time to time so might be able to help you out, try and be grateful.

Nope. It's not a favour, it's work. 'Not fussed when/if your in the area' work, but work none the less.

Give up Rupe.

Hodge, just costs, not enclosing my amounts but say 2 men at £90 per day, or which ever combination you choose to make £180. Divide that by 8 for the working hours and taaa daaa!! lol. £22.50.

Iron Jack, as i mentioned i am sure we can work something out.

You gotta love Rupe.

Ironjack- you strike me as a most awkward person. I am sorry that you see a discussion as being patronising to you and you feel that everyone is getting at you. I also feel that you re being rather presumtious. Rupe and others among us have many many years experience in this business, you have none. You haven't even got any experience of commercial chippers. You havent quantified how much brash there is by putting up a picture, and your (admitted) lack of experience means that we are unable to take your word on the volume of material, as those of us with alot of experience also have the experience to know that this stuff is almost universally underestimated.

From this thread you have decided that we are al getting at you and trying to gainsay you (Especially, it seems, Rupe- a VERY experienced arborist). perhaps you should look at the replies you seem to have taken offense at as a way of expanding your knowledge. We have put these replies forward with the backing of years of running and paying for this kit, without the help of a forum and the wealth of experience it brings- i.e. we have learnt from mistakes. You would do well to take this on board and you may save yourself time and expense in the future when it comes to pricing jobs.

Or am i having a go at you???????

i have never thrown a negative comment on this forum before so here goes ...what a pile of rubbish comments ! £50 to chip for an hour if your local or at the end of the days work is bang on , if i could do 5 of them a week thats an extra 250 a week ,some of you guys i just dont understand ,we should be glad of little earnrs such a 50 pound here and there ,and helping out some one on here at the same time

spot on :lol: