Booked today of because of the heat

Dean Lofthouse

had sunday and today off, we went to the uttoxeter races sunday, friend of ours lent us her box to watch the races in the cool, fab, poor horses that did the summer national race at i think it was 4.20pm one collapsed after running 3.5 miles the vets and owner were franticly throwing cold water on it, it did eventually come round after a heart stopping 5 minutes, today, monday rohans decided to do maintenance and not start felling the larch today i think the lads will be decidedly more happier in the cool workshop than in the woods with full kit on

drink plenty guys , you can dehydrate v. easy in these temps.

keep cool guys

joy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy day here, just finished. Snipping and pruning around an old ladies house (was gonna say garden, yeeeuw!!) handtools only so relaxed and plenty of cold drinks. Its hotter here at home now, chillin under a gazebo :thumbup:

Edited by Andy Collins

So let me see if I can figure out this hot weather thing?, I would kill nearly anyone for a working temp. of 30 C all summer long. When I wake up in the Morning it can already be 30 C and it feels fine by me when it get's to be 35 to 38 C than it is starting to get warm. As long as we pace ourselfs we can still work the balance of the day. Stay cool, we do!

elg

Just come back from work, shirt off, beer open, out in the garden :)

Classic brit chat complaining about the weather...:lol:

Moonie I'm all over your take on it... do the work (at a sensible pace, wearing sun cream, drinking plenty of water and covering up :001_tt2:)

.... then return home safe in the knowledge you deserve an ice cold one

speaking of which id the sun past the yard arm?????

So let me see if I can figure out this hot weather thing?, I would kill nearly anyone for a working temp. of 30 C all summer long. When I wake up in the Morning it can already be 30 C and it feels fine by me when it get's to be 35 to 38 C than it is starting to get warm. As long as we pace ourselfs we can still work the balance of the day. Stay cool, we do!

elg

hello mr easy lift, It sounds like you are somewhere down south... I did my apprenticeship in Atlanta Georgia... you anywhere close?

I remember walking out of my apartment into the wall of heat and instantly sweating til there was nothing left to sweat... close to 40 c in the summer... stay safe bro

cleared the drive of snow and slid sideways down the street in the Luton, once i got to the sea front the mahaoosive waves battered off the van and cleared the window. Polar bears been through the bins at the yard again, pesky creatures that they are.:sneaky2:

Then it was clear felling 500 acres of wellingtonias before lunch, i shot a moose and stuck it on the campfire, a bit chewy tbh.:001_rolleyes:

Then i parasended down the mountain and swam across the lake home, usual 18 hour day here fellas.:thumbup1:

If the wife asks i may exagerate a little to try and get some sympathy, a tree cutters life for me:thumbup: