Small Echo's

Charlieh

I'll try and explain the bar mod. I lined up the front of the mount groves on both bars then drilled through the echo bar into the stihl bar wit a drill bit the size of the tentioner/oiler holes on the echo bar. Next you'll need to set the stihl bar in a vice and using a slit disc on a grinder you'll need to carefully grind between the rails and above the holes you have just drilled until you meet and open up a small hole between the rails and holes you have just drilled. Hope this makes sense

Yeah makes sence mate! Does it run faster or slower with the sprocket mod?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try and explain the bar mod. I lined up the front of the mount groves on both bars then drilled through the echo bar into the stihl bar wit a drill bit the size of the tentioner/oiler holes on the echo bar. Next you'll need to set the stihl bar in a vice and using a slit disc on a grinder you'll need to carefully grind between the rails and above the holes you have just drilled until you meet and open up a small hole between the rails and holes you have just drilled. Hope this makes sense

have done the same with a makita 230t and stihl 1.1 1/4 12'' stihl mini E bar. excellent and worth doing, and same bar mod, though i think with 2 extra drive links it wouldn;t have needed extra tensioner holes, but would still need the a hole cutting through from the centre of the rails to the tensioner hole for oil.

there was a thread about doing this with ms200's a while ago also.

have done the same with a makita 230t and stihl 1.1 1/4 12'' stihl mini E bar. excellent and worth doing, and same bar mod, though i think with 2 extra drive links it wouldn;t have needed extra tensioner holes, but would still need the a hole cutting through from the centre of the rails to the tensioner hole for oil.

there was a thread about doing this with ms200's a while ago also.

I saw that thread and personally I wouldn't try it as I think the chain wouldn't be ably to handle the power for very long.

This mod to my saw has been amazing and made such a difference, means I don't need a bigger top handle much as the little one will happily handle 10"+ :)

I have just ordered a 310 echo, looking forward to joining the many on here who say they are great little saws,

Well done mate, I'm sure you will be impressed!:thumbup1:

They take a few tanks to run in, & like to warm up from cold, but they are nice tools.:001_smile:

• 1 month later...
Old thread here.. I have been using the cs 352es quite a bit,cheap saw to buy & it performs really well for a light 35cc saw, like all Echo's it takes a minute to warm up from cold,then its a little screamer, good quality chipper saw, & works well strapped to my saw bench for logs up to ten inch.

I used a 352 not long ago, and was impressed it pulled much better than our MS181 here on the estate. I also felt it handled better, too. Between that and the 135 I recently tried, I sure won't buying an MS181 in the future.