LR90

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Job Mate,

Great Job With The Crane.......:thumbup:

But the cedar i would of climbed as well.......:001_rolleyes:

1 question though which some one might of asked (sorry if you have)...why was there a stien lowering device on the cedar when you just mashed the top out in a big section.....or was that just for the shiny show....:lol:

If its just a streight smash band dismantle I reckon Id have had that cedar in under 2 hours, possibly under one if you were really trying for a quick finish.

I think the race would be an interesting one.

I would also say that the only mewp work that I have done (appart from hedges) was chunking down a big beech stem with a 3120 with 48"bar, Holding that out of the bucket was a nightmare. I'd prefer to be on spikes tbh, at least you can rest the saw on your strop before going for the clean and jerk and rev.

Just to clear a few things up

I am working for the tree surgeons shown in the pictures and so don’t really have a say in the quoting process just get on and do the job lol I have just finished my ND in forestry and arb at Plumpton collage and am now looking to do the degree course in arb.

The two trees where done for the council so the budget were larger than if it was a private client.

the stein lowering bollard was set up as we were going to lower the branches but in the end just cut and dropped the sections to save time.

The tree was felled in two pieces as there are other trees in the area which didn’t allow for the whole tree to be dropped in one. The oak tree was crane dismantled as it was close to other trees and the road and the wood was needed for a sculpture.

The mewp was used as the tree had been dead for some time and the structural strength of the tree couldn’t be assured wouldn't have liked to been up it if it had fallen when felling out the top.

will have to get my boss to sign up as he has been watching this site for ages.

hope this helped :001_cool: