Hows the log sales going now

mendiplogs

10 minutes ago, SbTVF said:

Can’t beat word of mouth once you get going. It’s saved us a fortune over the years. 90% of our current customers were recommended Id say. Either by a friend or the stove shops we supply.

Had 3 excellent weeks, doing 16cube a week (our drying capacity) I’ve not had to turn anyone away yet but to expand we’ll need to be far more organised next year and we’ll be doing some location targeted Facebook advertising and probably leafleting houses on foot so I can see their chimney cowls and not waste too many leaflets.

Stove shops are good as well as word of mouth but have found customers dont always rush to tell everyone they have found a good supplier as they want the logs for themselves (least thats what I tell myself xD)

Stove shops are good as well as word of mouth but have found customers dont always rush to tell everyone they have found a good supplier as they want the logs for themselves (least thats what I tell myself [emoji23])

Make sure you tell them there is plenty to go round and maybe even give them some free kindling or something to spur them on.
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SbTVF said:

Make sure you tell them there is plenty to go round and maybe even give them some free kindling or something to spur them on.

Not going to lie to them. Looks like we sell out this winter so happy for them not to spread the word.

Cant sell kindling for love nor money here. Bought 1 pallet last year and still got some bags left. Selling it pretty much at cost as well!

Not going to lie to them. Looks like we sell out this winter so happy for them not to spread the word.

Cant sell kindling for love nor money here. Bought 1 pallet last year and still got some bags left. Selling it pretty much at cost as well!

Sack your marketing director then [emoji23]

6 minutes ago, SbTVF said:

Sack your marketing director then emoji23.png

I'm fired :2gunsfiring_v1:

Just seems that most dont buy kindling. They either make it themselves from the logs we provide or use the smaller logs to get them going. All ours are off a processor so always some small bit and pieces to get things going.

Edited by Woodworks
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...