Your Achievements

Stephen Blair

`my gorgeous 10 month old boy in my avatar and my beautiful 2 day old boy whos sleepin in intensive care tonight fighting for his life after being born on monday {my birthday} at only 28 weeks and more importantly my amazin partner faye who has shown more courage and guts in the last few days than i've shown in a life time.. she truly is an amazin and brave 25 yr old.

I hope he gets through as above - thoughts are with you, its amazing what they can do these days.

I have been dyslexic forever, I got a lot of help from a teacher at primary school, his final words to me where "Just read, it doesn't matter whether it is the Beano or The Quran". Read them both by the time I was thirteen :001_smile:

On paper it is probably the fact that I was the under 18 all England archery champion from 12-15.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks to everyone. much appreciated. prepared ourselves for worst now. not only was he born at 28 weeks which is bad enough but he had difficult birth and faye had to have emergency c section [you wouldnt believe how many doctors there were in one room in matter of secs] which resulted in doctors takin 15 mins to get his heart going.. no oxygen to brain for 15 mins is very grim news leading to very high chance of brain damage.. all his vital organs are workin fine at mo but if they stop we've taken decision to not intervene and let him go to sleep peacefully.. [hence fayes courage]

wishing everything goes well with your little man nick.

and of course best wishes to you and faye

Thoughts are with you Nick!!

Can't say I've done anything as good as a lot of the posts on here! But I'd say making the decision to move away from home for the first time 300 miles away to do forestry and arb at college ... after being stuck in a dead end job and a 4 year relationship that was burnt out. And best of all loving every second of it!

Nick,I dont know you at all, just from reading these threads etc, but ive always thought to your posts, fairplay genuine guy, you've always offered assistance to anyone and everyone, if you could.

Was reading through something you wrote other day and thought, people like him are the salt of the earth, Not sure that words can put into context what your family are going through.

Hope that the little un makes it, the hospital staff do know how to turn these situs around and know what to do, my mouth went dry when read this message.mates daughter was born early, caught mrsa, heart probs alllsorts, shes fantastic now.

Hang in there, goodluck. Hey Nick, Thats a bloody good derail though...

I hope that brought a slight smile to your face, Apologies if it didnt, wasnt meant to cause offence.

I hope your sad story becomes a happy one Nick, hang in there.

My best achievement was having the balls to decide within a day to move to Rome where i stayed for 5 years, it was the best thing i could have done to open my eyes to other cultures and ways of doing things we take for granted. Also the silver pine eh stevie :lol:

I hope your sad story becomes a happy one Nick, hang in there.

Also the silver pine eh stevie :lol:

That was the last time I got drunk before becoming a dad, probably the last time I relaxed while out having a drink!

don't know about achievement but a few funny stories lol