best stump treatment?

Czlowiek Drzewo

My mate got a job a few years back and the lady of the house wasn't gonna pay unless he killed the stump so he drove of and picked up some bleach and vimto mixed the two together and poured the lot on the stump and told her not to let the dog out for 3 months .... Yep I know so wrong but I laughed for a week and every time I think of it still gives me a giggle lol

From Bobs iPhone

He sounds like a right knob.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News to me too.

Actually though the world health organisation rate salt as more dangerous than roundup don't they?

What you're saying though is that it doesn't have a COSHH label as it's a foodstuff- But if used as a poison then technically should you consider it's danger.

I don't know about this - just seeing your reaction- maybe this is the 'green' way forward. Certainly customers would feel safer.:thumbup:

This is where you need to be careful, pond salt doesnt have a COSHH label on it, just the same as many, many "chemicals" from B & Q or your local garden center, but if you were to "apply" it for the purpose of "treatment" of a stump in a commercial situation, you will need to adhere to COSHH.

This is where you need to be careful, pond salt doesnt have a COSHH label on it, just the same as many, many "chemicals" from B & Q or your local garden center, but if you were to "apply" it for the purpose of "treatment" of a stump in a commercial situation, you will need to adhere to COSHH.

this is what i was concerned about

In which case maybe roundup is better as it doesn't poison the soil and can be used on say- ivy stumps twisting round a drainpipe or to kill a stump in close proximity to a tree or valued shrub.

Think I'll be sticking with roundup:thumbup:

this is what i was concerned about

In which case maybe roundup is better as it doesn't poison the soil and can be used on say- ivy stumps twisting round a drainpipe or to kill a stump in close proximity to a tree or valued shrub.

Think I'll be sticking with roundup:thumbup:

Depends if your client wants a "chemical" used or just salt, like they put on their sunday dinner:sneaky2: In my experience domestic customers are choosing the latter recently.

Just curious, but two points. Do you keep all COSHH records, and secondly what rate/mix do you use on say an ash stump?

Still needs PA1 at least to handle, not sure which PA covers application though?

Yeh, not sure on the module myself.

The largest concern I have found from customers wanting a stump treatment is if it will leach, possibly preventing local replanting. This idea would probably appeal to most with this worry.