I think I lost a job today

Dean Lofthouse

the pile would have covered all the garden and 6 ft tall the only job ive ever done that 7 groundies could not keep up with me

Seven groundies! Wow, that definitely sounds a pig of a job. I am impressed.

One of the things that I find curious when having to go through peoples garages is that they know we are going to bring their tree through the garage, yet they never (in my experience) move anything out of the way. I have dragged and carried brush through garages where the owners have so much stuff there is barely room to walk through empty handed.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to agree with Zenfordinner, i have found this on the occasions i have had this misfortune of going through garages, i offen wonder if they cant be bothered to move the stuff, or dont even think to move things, or cant be bothered if i do have to move things that are in my route i rarely put them back unless i feel they are unable to ie. OAPs etc.

did a job years ago tiny back garden through the house up some steps onto main road in the centre of town, that was a nice one, the best thing was from the 2 weeks that i quoted to going and doing they laid new floor and redectorated, thats forward thinking for you. common sense ain't that common

Yep i know it well, had one a couple of years ago in edinburgh, same scenario large conifer had to go through the house, extension - kitchen - hall - front door started it late afternoon( at there request) and i kid you not they started to make there dinner!!! whilst we are trying to carry brash past them to the chipper.:001_rolleyes: thats folk for you.

To the people who have only done this once or twice you don't know how lucky you were..!!! I must have cleared through the house around 30 - 40 times :scared1: I kid you not!

The worst was in Streatham, South East London. Basement flat, strange fella who wouldn't have looked outta place in a Cheach and Chong movie. 2 or 3 right angled turns to get through the utility room, Kitchen and into the hallway corridor. The hallway corridor walls were covered with old Motown LP's which were fastened to the wall and unable to be removed... and the corridor was about 4 feet wide at a push!

I mean, have a bit of common sense PLEASE. He didn't realise that we had to get the whole tree through his tiny flat and out to the chipper out front, even though the company owner had explained it to him. (What a space cadetn:scared1:) we ended up cutting everything into 1 - 1.5 metre lengths and taking it through the house wrapped in tonny bags...

F'ing nightmare of a day/job!!!!!!

Yep i know it well, had one a couple of years ago in edinburgh, same scenario large conifer had to go through the house, extension - kitchen - hall - front door started it late afternoon( at there request) and i kid you not they started to make there dinner!!! whilst we are trying to carry brash past them to the chipper.:001_rolleyes: thats folk for you.

been there many a time,try corby(the eucalyptus and leylandii drag through terraced house capital of europe)sometimes they dont even move staffies and newborn babies out of the way,i joke not

Once in South London.....Managed to get a Tree off a house and by luck it hadn't broken a window in the conservatory.Dragging brush past the family sitting in their lounge watching TV,then in the evening they ask "Oh,so you don't clean the windows you nearly smashed".

Mmmmm......

been there many a time,try corby(the eucalyptus and leylandii drag through terraced house capital of europe)sometimes they dont even move staffies and newborn babies out of the way,i joke not

Stop it, Stop it, Stop it, you said the C word. I'm having flash backs. Never say the C word again. :scared1::scared1: