How far would you travel if your subbing for a company

plippy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

furthest i have travelled was in full time employment and that was 1 hr 20 mins each way, after 8 months the travelling really took its toll and a job i was considering that was 2hrs away i had to refuse because of family commitments made it hard to stay away from home

as a freelancer in days gone by i have travelled upto an hour and never complained about money as i just enjoy working for different people and gaining new experiences no matter where it is

I have travelled from basingstoke to cirencester about hour and 45 only three days and also basingstoke to welwyn garden city which was only a day. I dont mind these on occasions as you got to go where the money is but if it was more regular then a more fuel efficient motor would be an idea, i love the landy but a mileage machine it is not

Just curious as i know an arbtalker who's struggling to find a groundie for part time work, everytime he gets a reply they end up saying oh thats to far.

I did a day for an arbtalker last year and i traveled from faversham to dartford, i appreciate that fuel is taking into the equasion and that will lower wot you earn for the day, Wots considered reasonable traveling as a subbie?

I traveled from leominster in herefordshire to c london for 26 weeks had to be there at 6am and leave at 5ish when i was a steel erector picked up 12 points though. If the money is right its worth it. It was the norm to travel two hours or more.

i regualrly drive for 1 or 2 hours 1 way for a days work. i have travelled from carmarthen in west wales (home) to plymouth, paddington, crewe, wrexham, shrewsbury, all daily. before xmas last year i was working in and around liverpool but the company were sorting digs (which werent bad) for 4 nights a week.

basically i'm the biggest mercenary going,i'll work where ever, when ever and doing what ever, if the money is right then i'm on my way.

If the price is right it matters not how far you travel.

Your question was though as how it affects your take home pay

Only you know the answer to this

You work for what you are prepared to work for- and only you know that

Personally I like a bit of travelling- you get to see stuff out of your area and get paid for the priveledge:001_smile:

The longest commute I've ever had was 2 and a 1/2 hours journey each way on public transport :thumbdown:. The pay was lousy as well, but to me, it was worth it as I loved the work.

Sometimes, the job satisfaction is worth the long slog and the poverty. Having said that, I think I'm glad it was only a 3 month contract or I may have gone slightly mental with exhaustion!

Just curious as i know an arbtalker who's struggling to find a groundie for part time work, everytime he gets a reply they end up saying oh thats to far.

I did a day for an arbtalker last year and i traveled from faversham to dartford, i appreciate that fuel is taking into the equasion and that will lower wot you earn for the day, Wots considered reasonable traveling as a subbie?

As a newbie to the industry and desperate for a chance to work id be prepared to travel as far as it takes really within reason. I live in Hay-on-Wye herefordshire. If He is still looking for someone Then heres my number 07768242287. Where is he based?

Cheers