Old WoodChip

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the RECCOMENDED retail prices are as follows:

Aspen 2 - £13.69

Aspen 4 - £13.46

Prices are excl VAT and are unfortunately set to increase by a few pence (as they have at the pumps)

to domestic customers, it doesnt matter if the product costs £16 or £20 because they use so little of it, maybe 5L a year in their chainsaw or their hedgetrimmer.

what i suggest you do is speak with a dealer and tell them how much you will be buying a year and suggest he offers you a discount based on that. Theres no logic that you should be paying the same as somebody that uses 5L a year!

as to the people saying that Aspen does the same as regular petrol then you are very wrong, just read the reviews people write on here and you will quickly understand. Maybe even give it a try!

the cost difference in running aspen compared to regular unleaded is minimal when you work out your overall running costs per day and the advantages outweigh this easily. Promote that you are using clean fuels to your customers if you feel that you need to raise your prices to keep your profits.

we are always looking at getting new dealers so if you dont have one near and would like to start using aspen then give me a call and maybe we can sort something out!

Axel

01929 555971

just checked with my usual dealer and including vat its £16.32. there has to be a better way

Yeah- its called unleaded. For the extra money that aspen costs you could afford the most expensive health care in the world in later life IF you needed it from all those fumes:sneaky2: and stil have change left over.......:001_rolleyes:

If you take off the vat and your tax the price becomes £10 for 5 litres compared to £4.30 for unleaded + about 20pence of oil= £4.50

So... roughly double

Is it worth £5.50 to work in a cleaner environment

If we use about 25L of 2 stroke a week at the moment- thats £27.50 xtra costs per week from your bottom line.

Doesn't sound too bad

x 52 not always using so much equals about £1000 per year

I'm going to try it and get feedback- the hedge cutter in conifer on a hot day is likely to be the clincher

If I could get Aspen within 50 miles of where I am then I would give it a try; but I can't, so I won't, simple as that.

My local dealer won't stock it because he can't risk tying up a lot of money on a pallet load he might not sell and if he buys any less than a pallet and there's no profit in it for him.

The bottom line I'm afraid is that it's just too expensive :001_huh:

If I could get Aspen within 50 miles of where I am then I would give it a try; but I can't, so I won't, simple as that.

My local dealer won't stock it because he can't risk tying up a lot of money on a pallet load he might not sell and if he buys any less than a pallet and there's no profit in it for him.

The bottom line I'm afraid is that it's just too expensive :001_huh:

Hi Len,

what is the name of the shop you mention?

drop me a pm if you would prefer, but i will do my best to help you get a local aspen dealer. FYI A "pallet" is no more then 54 cans (some shops sell 3 or 4 pallets a month to domestic customers alone that's not including the professionals like yourself, there's no risk it wont sell unless he hides it in a corner and doesn't recommend it to his customers)

Axel