is work slack in your area

butler

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flat out!

My new pricing policy of 3 men + truck + chipper at £200/day has worked a treat!

I'll get back to you all at the year end with profit figures.

I was priced out of a shed load of work last year- it would have been several thousand a year for about the next 3-4 years, by a frim that take 3 men, a 5.5 tonne iveco and chipper out for £300 a day, or £350 if they have to leave the logs on site. Been trading for about 30 years. WTF????

its quiet in Essex, work is coming in and getting the next week generally. I got a call the on tuesday, I said I'd price it up saturday, the lady called back today to say someones priced it today and they are doing it tommorow!.....another hard summer on its way I reckon.

its quiet in Essex, work is coming in and getting the next week generally. I got a call the on tuesday, I said I'd price it up saturday, the lady called back today to say someones priced it today and they are doing it tommorow!.....another hard summer on its way I reckon.

Spike I price a lot of work on an evening in summer, keeps me busy though!

I was priced out of a shed load of work last year- it would have been several thousand a year for about the next 3-4 years, by a frim that take 3 men, a 5.5 tonne iveco and chipper out for £300 a day, or £350 if they have to leave the logs on site. Been trading for about 30 years. WTF????

Totally!

Arb died for me last year and I spent this March & April selling kit to live off :thumbdown:

Won a long term forestry contract which has now started and the stupid 'phone starts ringing for domestic tree work! Stuff it tho, much prefer to be in the woods altho not this particular wood - small parcel clearfell ~800 sticks and no space to fell them - all has to be kept inside fenced area so all has to be folded in - very frustrating; DIY blowdown site. Good money in timber attmo if you can cut the volume.

Totally!

Arb died for me last year and I spent this March & April selling kit to live off :thumbdown:

Won a long term forestry contract which has now started and the stupid 'phone starts ringing for domestic tree work! Stuff it tho, much prefer to be in the woods altho not this particular wood - small parcel clearfell ~800 sticks and no space to fell them - all has to be kept inside fenced area so all has to be folded in - very frustrating; DIY blowdown site. Good money in timber attmo if you can cut the volume.

You didn't sell a 5.5 t Iveco and chipper by any chance did you:001_smile: