Agriculture Land use and Planning Regulations

wildwood-dwt

is that true or are you being sarcastic

Bit of both! My local planners are giving me a hard time over a small polebarn for my pigs/chickens because they think I want the building for commercial Arb purposes.

However local large farms near here are putting massive barns up in stunning locations, followed by a beautiful house for their children.....

get on with it. Planning officers don't go looking for trouble. they only respond to complaint.

Beg to differ. Our local planning officers have run a vendetta against our farm over the last 12 years. We finally thought we had won in Oct 2009 when we had our permitted development barn approved on appeal. However it was subject to agreement on materials used and site levels which they have refused to agree to date.

Fortunately we are over the 5 hectare limit but we still had to prove that horticulture could provide sufficient income density for such a small acreage. The county surveyor reckoned you would need a minimum of 150 hectares for a diary farm and 300 hectares for a sheep farm before he would classify them as viable.

i agree with logbarron you can store any timber that you have cut on your own land but was told by a planner as soon as you want to process it then you need permission for industrial use . this also applies to bringing in timber .there is a difference between a farm and just a piece of agriculural land when it comes to planning

IF its forestry & not Arb then you actually have MORE permitted development rights than Agri & you need less land to gain them. Plus hobby forestry counts so small scale stuff is not an issue.

no but it helps if its all together , ours is spread over a 7 mile away -

and doesnt matter if its forestry or arb, if the trees arent grown on the land you need planning to process them,

Edited by Joy Yeomans

I suppose it makes sense really

If you were a neighbour to a smallholding that had previously given you no cause for complaint- then they started doing logs

The noise alone would be too much without all the extra vehicle movements

I ran a business from home for ages though I wouldn't be happy now living next to me then - if you get what i mean.:001_smile:

I suppose it makes sense really

If you were a neighbour to a smallholding that had previously given you no cause for complaint- then they started doing logs

The noise alone would be too much without all the extra vehicle movements

I ran a business from home for ages though I wouldn't be happy now living next to me then - if you get what i mean.:001_smile:

you mean not in my back yard :biggrin: