38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you go to a gym

• I work on my strength and increase fittnest
    • Im naturally strong ,dont need to.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for certain Arb operations gym training is beneficial,especially large sectional felling.If you are using a large chainsaw aloft day in day out,then as stated before your muscles won't have time to recover and you may become weaker.

If the amount of load placed on those muscles is less than their capacity, then the amount of energy used is less,recovery time shortened and you don't feel so knackered at the end of the day.

Also the more muscle around any given joint,lessens the amount of load a joint is subject to and cuts down on wear.

i strongly think any gym training is a waste of time if your working in this game full time...how can your muscles if been worked properly climbing carrying timber and all the other streeses on your body through this job have any time to recover and build up if your working 5-6 days then spending every night at the gym ....seen it happen and people burn them self out quick or if they are completely obsessed become muslce bound freaks!failing that they are completly usless as they are too tired to pay attention or work hard during the day.