Official "Yank'" Picture Thread

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has the 236, 4 cylinder turbocharged Perkins. Sunny is an understatement. From April to October I'll bet there is maybe 30 cloudy days here. We take it for granted and whine about the heat. It was about 101 degrees F (38.3 C) when those pictures were taken. I had a bid to do about 30 miles away when we were doing the cedar, so I just got back and they were all sitting around waiting on me. Perfect timing huh? I don't know what kind of retardeness was going on that stump cut, but they got it done. None of them have a license to drive the truck.

Some nice photos there Shansen! What engine does your 1250 have in it?I think they are a great chipper,there are plenty of then still working in the states.

They don't get much respect in the Treehouse. I've never really used another chipper so I can't compare. I chipped a bunch of cedar firewood chunks one time and I sheared all the rivets off of the clutch centerplate. I've replaced the main bearings and the shaft on the disc. I don't think it's been a lot of trouble. That's been the bulk of my repairs over the last five years.

They don't get much respect in the Treehouse. I've never really used another chipper so I can't compare. I chipped a bunch of cedar firewood chunks one time and I sheared all the rivets off of the clutch centerplate. I've replaced the main bearings and the shaft on the disc. I don't think it's been a lot of trouble. That's been the bulk of my repairs over the last five years.
There great chippers,i think i have the same model 1250T.does yours have side shift?i've had one for 3 years 1500 hrs and have had to replace the shaft bearings as a precaution only and weld a new sheet on the bend of the chute thats the only major work its seen apart from normal maintenance.How many hrs do you get before the knives get changed out?

The knives don't seem to last much time at all. I chip maybe two truck loads and I start touching them up with a grinder and one of those carbide knife sharpening things. And keep that up for another 7 or 8 loads and then it's time to change them. It costs me $38.00 to have the four of them sharpened. My chute wore out in the curve of course and I replaced a section of it. I have hit the chute on the truck several times and ran it into a telephone pole once buggaring up the end of it. I really should fix that up better and paint it. I learned my lesson about chipping large stuff and now I have the tractor to load wood anyway.