Land rovers rock thread

3dogs

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI badermert hows the puma land rover going mate is it better then the td5 jon :thumbup:

Hi Jon

Nows its chipped/tuned it pulls like it should do and the power now suits the gear ratios. The foam on the seats has collapsed after 70K, its had a new gearbox, transfer box, engine mounts, various electric things replaced.....

IMO I prefer the TD5 as a workhorse and the Puma is a lifestlye chelsea tractor due to stupid changes like no battle flaps for fresh air , you cant put your cuppa on the dashboard, or the ability to thaw out your cold feet or demist the windscreen on a wet day and the flimy bonnet that buckles when you walk on it even with the chequer plate:thumbdown:

Rant over.:lol:

:blushing: would normally agree how amazing the landys are - but mine is suffering from weeing its self today and in garage getting repaired. The rear diff flange seal has let go after a month of getting done at mot time. So whole new flange this time to cure it - garage being really good with a deal on the work.

Oh and its getting chipped hopefully on tues - got offered a nice price on an autologic download which gives about 50 more hp and about same in torque so should make towing a lil gentler on it as i wont be working it quite so hard.

Davie

HI HODGE what chip did you have we had j fern chip 200hp plus it pull very well all the best jon land rover are the best :thumbup::thumbup:

i hade a tunit plug in box mate. it gave it a 30hp increase they reckon, i thought it was poor though John. mine seems to have no guts when its loaded.:001_smile: