Navara MPG

Brushcutter

Hi

With time running out on my MOT its time to bite the bullet and get a D40 Navara Outlaw. I've got a D22 one and i get 35mpg out of it. I test drove a 07 D40 navara last week. I got 25-26mpg out of it. I wasn't happy it was on General Grabber AT2s but they shouldn't have a massive effect. So internet seraches say that the newer Navara aren't as good as old ones. 18-25mpg to my mind just isn't affordable at best part of 8 quid a gallon that is only going to go up.

So i ask you what reg is your navara, tyres on it and your MPG. I've hurd that the 56 plate ones seem to do best.

Thanks

Andy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know anyone who gets more than 27-28mpg out of a navara,, and that's the "real" mpg... not the one that the computer tells you it's getting,

AT2's will knock a good 3mpg off you as well...

Sitting at a steady 60 mph you'll get around 35mpg and that a definite, I've had both the Navarra and the Pathfinder.

Rangers are by far worst for MPG in the range

don't know anyone who gets more than 27-28mpg out of a navara,, and that's the "real" mpg... not the one that the computer tells you it's getting,

AT2's will knock a good 3mpg off you as well...

You do now...! :001_tongue:

After you last asked that same question, I did a few calculation and I am getting 31-33 average MPG, over the last 6 or 7 tanks.

The OBC and actual calculation are within a couple of decimal place of each other.

If I reset during motorway driving the OBC can vary from 37 -48 MPG but that soon gets back to normal levels as soon as a hill approaches.

I have a 10 plate Tekna, DC Manual with Armadillo back on it running Continental CrossContacts.

Manuals are always better MPG than Auto and those with high MPG, have you tried doing an ECU reset to put it back into Learning mode and you (hopefully) see improvement.

The company has two one 09 one 07, mine 09 gets about 24mpg the other gets about the same, he has had his chipped to try and improve the mpg sort of works, I just thinks he has a heavy foot! Due to the emissions regs they are not as good as they use to be I am sure my D40 was better. We are running over sized tyers tho 60/40s. I believe the emission regs are another government scam, I seem to have to burn more fuel to get the same mileage as I would from the older truck.