lowering equipment

bob

now i think about it....aluminium rigging pulleys are available....and seeings as using a steel krab with an ali pulley is a big no no, that would suggest to me its OK to use ali

looked at that though frames are ali steel is used in all the pins and shaftes on all pulleys i own

Not that I know for sure, as far as i'm aware its o.k to use ali, only that its reccomended to use steel as it makes it easier to distinguish between lowering kit and climbing kit.

And someone I worked with who just came off his 10 week course said we should'nt be using swing cheek pulleys for lowering, only as redirects?

I sometimes use prussik pulleys for lowering small bits over obstacles!

Steel krabs for heavy rigging, steel tends to bend under heavy load where as aluminum tends to break, aluminum krabs are fine for lightweight stuff but I tend to use steel anyway.

Not that I know what I'm talking about.

thats about where i come from but then how come my grcs has an ali bollard and an ali backing plate to the capstan which are mounted onto a steel frame so as people have pointed out not to mix ali and steel crabs WHY

:BoomSmilie_anim:

do i have to use steel carabinas

It depends on how heavy your loads are - during this removal, I used a Mongoose climbing biner with a pulley for redirecting my rigging point. I felt comfortable doing this as the loads were very small, if I'd had a steel biner I would have used it instead.

quiz-47xev7fyd.jpg