Cheap fuel can

Mark James

The Husky combican has come down £6 in price at full RRP and is now £33.99 inc VAT.....

I bought one last year and hate it, the fuel spout is always jamming open when use it so get petrol everywhere and the oil spout always cross threads. I've got an old stihl combi can that is this shape and thats never put a foot wrong, if this was comparable quality I'd bin the husky and buy this!

I bought one last year and hate it, the fuel spout is always jamming open when use it so get petrol everywhere and the oil spout always cross threads. I've got an old stihl combi can that is this shape and thats never put a foot wrong, if this was comparable quality I'd bin the husky and buy this!

Its being improved mate....

Fuel Pipe.pps

No it holds 5ltrs it's cheap it's not broke, do you think you have to spend money to get a rite measure?

It's a fuel can to hold fuel, how hard can it be to make a similar one to the most expensive company's and sell it for less. As far as I can see it will do the job not everything has to be red or orange.

I've got one (did have two but sold one) which looks just the same as yours and is unbranded so could be the same. Mines getting on for 5 years old and just happened to be the same thread size as the oregon and stihl so I run an ols style stihl auto cut off on the petrol side and the standard nozzle on the oil side and it works fine for me. the only problem I had with either of them was getting a tiny hole in one of the oil sides from it bouncing around a bit much in the back of the truck one day.

I used to use the Husky cans but found the nozzles just weren't the best ,either getting dry and sticking, freezing and sticking, leaking in transit and on accoasion the pin i nthe end would fall out. also they aren't the most stable in the back of the truck (but then the clear ones weren't really much better TBH - but thats where the newer stihl ones are a better design I reckon).

I carry my 2 fuel cans in a Tesco shopping crate, along with assorted wedges and a other bits and bobs. everything stays together, the fuel cans dont tip over and leak fuel, or get pierced by saw dogs and the like.

what can do you use?

i bought a cheapo one a while back, i have to unscrew the lid turn nozzle round and screw it on to use!! right pain in the arse!! should have bought a stihl in the first place!!

i do like the oregon one though, esp with the fact it has litre level marks on so you can just fill to 5 litres and put your oil in..... its just like the stihl except not stihl lol

not sure which to get :confused1: