Lets see your Guns.

Sam Thompson

18 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Why ? Hmr shoots better, shoots straighter and flatter.. unless it’s my burnt out 455 ! 

HMR. Anyone who’s got one says they’re great because they know they need market confidence in them to sell theirs. Anyone who’s had one knows they’re hit and miss. 

Hornet. Old reliable. If it’s not flat enough, you could probably make it flatter with a better zero for scope height and PBR. 

Just now, Johnsond said:

The debates about calibres etc etc can make anything on  the covid posts seem tame 😂

I realised as I was typing, the sin of clogging the internet up with more of it but I already had it mostly done by then. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, AHPP said:

HMR. Anyone who’s got one says they’re great because they know they need market confidence in them to sell theirs. Anyone who’s had one knows they’re hit and miss. 

Hornet. Old reliable. If it’s not flat enough, you could probably make it flatter with a better zero for scope height and PBR. 

Got to disagree with you there.  I had Anschutz .22 and HMR.  Identical guns, stocks Interchangeable.

I always prefer end the HMR over the .22.  Even though the .22 was accurate and cheaper ammo, I grabbed the HMR 9 times out of 10.

I have arranged to import the HMR and left the .22 in the UK, for that reason.

Anyone want an Anschutz .22?  For sale with moderator and optics.

Lovely gun just I am a leftie.

10 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

Got to disagree with you there.  I had Anschutz .22 and HMR.  Identical guns, stocks Interchangeable.

I always prefer end the HMR over the .22.  Even though the .22 was accurate and cheaper ammo, I grabbed the HMR 9 times out of 10.

I have arranged to import the HMR and left the .22 in the UK, for that reason.

Anyone want an Anschutz .22?  For sale with moderator and optics.

Lovely gun just I am a leftie.

Fair enough. I didn’t like mine. Firm 50:50 mix of mates who like:dislike them too. 

4 minutes ago, GarethM said:

It's a bit like the whole 22 Vs 177 air rifle thing.

The ol' you're mileage may vary, a clean kill however it's achieved is the right tool for the job.

No it’s not. 99% of modern air rifles shoot fabulously accurately. 50% of HMRs don’t shoot or at least have some niggling annoyance.

We really are wasting the internet now. 

Couple of unfired so as new rifles, CZ455 16” 17hmr  Varmint profile, synthetic if anyone is fancying one after the previous discussion 🤔, wildcat mod included and  7 boxes of ammo. Scope and Bipod not included. Howa 243 Varmint with aim sport triton mod in a GRS stock, 5-6 boxes of various weight 243,scope and bipod not included,  pretty sure I’ve got the legacy DM kit for the 243 somewhere too.  

E4F4D5DC-2B54-402B-B6C0-2FFF091B51BE.png

99128DE6-3B85-4316-8A67-F4E84EFE7848.png

• Like 4