Lets see your Guns.

Sam Thompson

1 minute ago, GarethM said:

As it's empty it's just a part, so pick up and keep.

You clearly know your onions, but I'm afraid you are mistaken, it isn't empty. If it wasn't illegal to own without the paperwork I could have taken out the contents and counted them, so let's, for argument's sake, pretend that there's... fifteen.

I'm asking if, theoretically, you could - just as an example here, use your imagination - open up the contents, save the powder, and have an exciting little pyrotechnics display, like when you were in 5th form chemistry and you'd nick a bit of that magnesium strip that burns really brightly, or that 2p coin that you could wrap in a roll of paper caps that go in those little cap guns and lob it really hard at ground or the wall for the little explosion, you remember how you watched a young lad actually split a brick on the side of the sports hall changing rooms once when he wrapped a coin in three whole rolls? Something like that. 

Come on, use your imagination. 

I guess handing it in to the police is a pretty awesome suggestion too, though. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GarethM said:

The cartridges are the illegal to own part, the magazine is just a paperweight.

So what are you asking, they aren't traceable to a person.

I'm pretty sure magazines are accounted for in NI, I'm not aware of the situation in Eire.

With the ammunition, I would pull out the lead with pliars, ,melt it into a project you might be working on, the powder I would spread on outdoor plants because its essentially fertiliser.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, peds said:

I'm asking if, theoretically, you could - just as an example here, use your imagination - open up the contents, save the powder, and have an exciting little pyrotechnics display, like when you were in 5th form chemistry and you'd nick a bit of that magnesium strip that burns really brightly, or that 2p coin that you could wrap in a roll of paper caps that go in those little cap guns and lob it really hard at ground or the wall for the little explosion, you remember how you watched a young lad actually split a brick on the side of the sports hall changing rooms once when he wrapped a coin in three whole rolls? Something like that. 

Come on, use your imagination. 

I guess handing it in to the police is a pretty awesome suggestion too, though. 

Find somewhere deep and chuck the rounds in.

The powder might/ might not be ,wet thus inert untill dried out. Burning loose gunpowder is pretty unexciting anyhow. Clean up the magazine lips ( the rusty bit) and sell the magazine.

Not worth involving the rozzers imho.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Glencairn said:

With the ammunition, I would pull out the lead with pliars, ,melt it into a project you might be working on, the powder I would spread on outdoor plants because its essentially fertiliser.

Now we're getting somewhere. Good idea for saving the lead.

I'm a smelly hippy though, so I couldn't use the powder as fertiliser unless it's certified organic. 

28 minutes ago, peds said:

You clearly know your onions, but I'm afraid you are mistaken, it isn't empty. If it wasn't illegal to own without the paperwork I could have taken out the contents and counted them, so let's, for argument's sake, pretend that there's... fifteen.

It’s the steel feed lips you can see in the pic not the mag contents. 22rf pop em out and ditch in nearest river or just call police 🤷‍♂️the latter option is the common sense no Internet discussion required one. 

2 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

22rf pop em out and ditch in nearest river or just call police 🤷‍♂️the latter option is the common sense no Internet discussion required one. 

Probably the safest idea, if not the most fun. Fair enough.