recession!?

munkymadman

so whats the damage report?

how is everyone doing, i've never experienced one before. think i came home at the wrong time, climbers are already ringing up my boss looking for work. things are starting to slow down and my job might be at risk. i might emmigrate, rather than keep my head low for a few years. but where to is the rest of europe suffering also? or would i have to go further afield

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone i know is really quiet, im also getting guys ringing up looking for work. Its amazing how quickly all this has happened, i've got about 6 weeks booked in just now, but the phone is'nt ringing much anymore.

We dumped our subbie last month. We'd had been using him 3 or 4 days a week to keep on top of things at the start of the year (he's OK got farming stuff to do).

The phone is very quiet and I'm also finding that council contracts are getting worth even less as everyone is dropping the price to get the work! 6 weeks work booked in would be great we've 2 at most..

Are we in a recession, or heading for a depression, with a total lack of confidence in the government to get anything right, the fact that they sold of a large bulk of our gold reserve when the price was rock bottom, and its now worth 4x ( approx) what it was sold for.

Fuel prices, well what can I say, at what does Mr Brown do, goes running to the Middle East telling them to let us have our oil cheaper, or else we wont buy it, of course you will they say.

Food prices, going up and up, but that OUR fault cos we waste too much, who the hell are they to talk about wasting resources???

Banks, hahahaha, cant even look after our money responsibly.

Govt agencies, cant even look after our Official Secrets properly.

No I think the coutry is headed for Depression.

Well i finished my arb course at the wrong time..trying to get some partime private arb jobs whilst working in fibre glass factory. Dont look like anyone wants a new arb at the moment.

agree Andy...goverment useless (hello if their reading this:mad1:)!!!

Things look bleak.

Govt agencies, cant even look after our Official Secrets properly.

No I think the coutry is headed for Depression.

Andy, you forgot to mention the soon to be re-opened Saudi plane deal inquiry.

That time bomb is just about to stop ticking :scared:

Time to get ourselves a Butch type lid, and head for them there bunkers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7492745.stm