How do you avoid an Hangover

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drink what you like - that's the point isn't it?:confused1:

On big nights I've taken to a rehydrate sachet before and one at the end of a night (if capable). Still feel wrung out but a feed and a kip sorts that.

The comments about "real beer" are about right, less chemical trash in them = less in you, so easier to get back to square 1.

Dean - If you end up going to Millom for your Landy axle stop at the Prince of Wales @ Foxfield, good beer, nice people, food and if it's all too much they do rooms as well!

I dunno about the real ale comments....i can quite easily drink over double of what i can with pishy lager than stay on the ales...eating is important finishing up on a kebab helps!

Found buying a couple of cans of red bull with maybe some vodka after ten pints stops a hang over....the cheeky tequilas dont!

I LOVE a good hangover, especially watching someone suffering thru the next day. Not that I'm one to relish in anothers discomfort....... much! I think the best way to avoid the hangover is to build up a certain level of tolerance, keep the body in training so to speak. As Alcohol is a poison, best to build up the bodys ability to handle it, rather than shock it on odd occasions.

I generally do not get hangovers - I just feel monumentally tired. Years of practise seems to have cured the problem. 12 bottles of barley wine = 24 pints of beer in one sitting did make me feel a little tender for two days, even the hair could not fix it. A couple of good rules are;

1. Never on an empty belly.

2. Stick to the same poison.

3. A satchet of resolve before and after.

4. Plenty of vitamin C in the morning.

I think the best way to avoid the hangover is to build up a certain level of tolerance, keep the body in training so to speak. As Alcohol is a poison, best to build up the bodys ability to handle it, rather than shock it on odd occasions.

I have to agree with that its all practice, and if u drink whiskey for the love of god don’t put water in it.