Fuel Prices

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you Royalty then?

138.9 / litre at the greedy Texaco here...

The `greedy Texaco` as you call them will more than likely be working for a gross profit of 3p on that 138.9 sale which they will be selling from their premises in which they have probably invested 800k and no doubt the purchase will be made on credit card with a cut of that 3p going to the credit card company and thats if they can sell it before it contracts in their cold underground tanks after being delivered hot and then evaporating as it moves around all of which the `greedy` petrol station owner will have paid the duty on for it to disappear into thin air.... I am somewhat of an expert in this field :biggrin:

The `greedy Texaco` as you call them will more than likely be working for a gross profit of 3p on that 138.9 sale which they will be selling from their premises in which they have probably invested 800k and no doubt the purchase will be made on credit card with a cut of that 3p going to the credit card company and thats if they can sell it before it contracts in their cold underground tanks after being delivered hot and then evaporating as it moves around all of which the `greedy` petrol station owner will have paid the duty on for it to disappear into thin air.... I am somewhat of an expert in this field :biggrin:

Evidently.

So why does this particular station change it's prices from day to day? Two weeks ago it went up to 138.9 from 126.9 then dropped back to 127.9, then rose back to 138.9, then back down to 124.9 and now back to 138.9 ??? :confused1::confused1:

Evidently.

So why does this particular station change it's prices from day to day? Two weeks ago it went up to 138.9 from 126.9 then dropped back to 127.9, then rose back to 138.9, then back down to 124.9 and now back to 138.9 ??? :confused1::confused1:

They will be buying their petrol on a platts plus margin based deal or on an average of competitor marker site prices all of which change on a daily basis due to demand, exchange rates, which oil pipe has just blown up etc etc ... believe me they will only be making around 3p GROSS thats why so many petrol stations have closed. I used to own a company which built owned and operated petrol stations for many many years.

But do the passengers really need three or four holidays a year or a second house in france. Or bog off to spain to lounge on a sunbed at the side of a pool with drunken brits all round them.

The choice is obviously theirs, but dont moan about paying more than £9.99 to fly to france with peasyjet.

Plane fairs should be whacked up to double

No they dont.

In fact no one really needs to do anything they enjoy at all.

We should all just work, eat to survive and have just enough kids to sustain the population.

Anything else is just purely greedy.:thumbdown::001_smile:

I dont think anyone would moan if the cost they paid for flights was a fair reflection on the service etc.

What I dont agree with is when the government just decide to bung another tax on long distance flights :thumbdown:

No they dont.

In fact no one really needs to do anything they enjoy at all.

We should all just work, eat to survive and have just enough kids to sustain the population.

Anything else is just purely greedy.:thumbdown::001_smile:

Now your coming round to my way of thinking :thumbup:

There are far too many scratters, scroungers and layabouts for my liking. People perfectly capable of earning their way in life but choose not to.

As for fuel....I've just saved a bit by walking down to the yard to get my tractor out and bring it up home for when M Large deliver my brand spanking new splitter......cool beans :001_smile:

I will then be able to split logs and save on gas and eventually the world will be safe because of me

I just drove up to the off licence, it's 200yds away but I had my Haix Tibet Forest boots on and at £175 a pair I figure it's cheaper to drive and save the shoe leather. Passed a couple of disabled people struggling to get to the shops but I did'nt stop to give em a lift cos I didn't want to waste fuel.

I just drove up to the off licence, it's 200yds away but I had my Haix Tibet Forest boots on and at £175 a pair I figure it's cheaper to drive and save the shoe leather. Passed a couple of disabled people struggling to get to the shops but I did'nt stop to give em a lift cos I didn't want to waste fuel.

:lol:

They'd only ask you to turn up the heaters anyway - bloody scroungers1 :laugh1: